Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    well it's obviously not easy to guess considering no-one else got it... Besides how do you even know your god aunty?
    Most people would know, it's just common sense. She owned the local newsagents so she was on the till occasionally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolerskates)
    Most people would know, it's just common sense. She owned the local newsagents so she was on the till occasionally.
    Yes well you say that but no-one on here does know until you told us... Unusual?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnnn)
    It could have been a brother of the godmother/father who had a sex change and became a woman.
    Why didn't I think of that?

Godfather, I asked my mum
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well my godfather and godmother aren't a couple, they're unrelated people, the godmother takes priority if my parents die
    what, how can you not know? obviously a troll. you don't even know which godparent they're related to when your godparents are unrelated, and surely you'd know which godparent was upset and therefore realise which one it was? evne if it is true you obivously weren't close so instead of being there for whichever godparent you decide it is you go off and make a post stating the fact (not asking for any help) on TSR.

idiot.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well I guessed what a god-auntie would be, but it's still a term that isn't used and I really don't care about that.

However, s for the sympathy you're expecting, from your posts I don't think you were very close, so you probably won't get any.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    umm okay it's unfortunate that this woman has died, however she's not your god-auntie, as many people have already pointed out.
    The technical term would be "godfather's sister". You can't just make up god-auntie. Otherwise that would mean that my own mother is my god-auntie since my uncle (her brother) is my godfather, and that's just ridiculous.

You don't even know her at all though do you? You know her because "she owned the local newsagent and was on the till sometimes"?! Come on, you're taking the piss really aren't you.

My sympathies to your godfather on the loss of his sister. You, on the other hand, shush!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    You don't even know her at all though do you? You know her because "she owned the local newsagent and was on the till sometimes"?! Come on, you're taking the piss really aren't you.

My sympathies to your godfather on the loss of his sister. You, on the other hand, shush!
    I completely agree with you but for some reason this made me laugh

Oh and my mum would also be my 'god aunt' if it were real! :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.