Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How would you invest £20 in order to maximise returns? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Would play online poker

Could quintuple it up quite quickly

ReputationRep:
    Put it all on Cottage Flyer in the 3:10 at the Hereford Derby - a winner! 13/2 odds!

ReputationRep:
    Donate it to Japan. You won't get anything in return but a warm-gooey feeling inside. It's worth it

ReputationRep:
    £20 on tottenham to win champions league should have big odds

ReputationRep:
    buy twenty 1 pound shares in twenty start-up prospecting companies in Western Australia, if one of them finds a meaningful deposits that share could be worth 500-thousands

????

Profit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlesMB)
    As title says....
    Sports Betting.

ReputationRep:
    Spend them on lessons to learn a new language?

ReputationRep:
    It all comes down to risk really. You could bet it all on one thing. Or even try matched betting for a high return. £20 is not really enough to invest in anything so betting may be the quickest way to go about it. Afterall "time is money" so the longer you spend investing it the more money you loose in principal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    Shove it in your pocket.

When you take it out, you will find it in-creases.
    I make lol.

ReputationRep:
    Put it in a coat pocket, hang it up in a cupboard and forget about it.

Six months down the line when you rediscover that note, the satisfaction you would get would probably outweigh any short term minuscule profit you might get.

ReputationRep:
    £20 isn't worth your time. You can't really consistently expect a return well into the double digits for whatever amount you have.

Rack up a few hundred, then you can think of playing with it.

ReputationRep:
    Fold it and put it in your pocket.

Or maybe save it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiberiFatali)
    Put it in a coat pocket, hang it up in a cupboard and forget about it.

Six months down the line when you rediscover that note, the satisfaction you would get would probably outweigh any short term minuscule profit you might get.
    THIS!

Found £20 in an old Oystercard wallet. I was literally jumping up and down with joy. I'm so skint right now. FML.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously this is one of the questions for the junior apprentice application - I had to think of my answer for this too. Anyone helping this guy is just making the process unfair, I suspect if Talkback Thames discovered you were posting on the internet to think of answers to their questions you would be highly likely to be disqualified from the process.

ReputationRep:
    Red

ReputationRep:
    Erm? Junior Apprentice Question...??

ReputationRep:
    Also, just a point from the guy who posted above. Don't be under the impression that those who recruit for the Junior Apprentice amongst other associates do not use the TSR forum.

There are those who are fully aware of the processes and the people on here.

It isn't exactly that hard to set up a username now is it ;-) all I'd say, give it your best shot and effort and see what comes out of it! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Buy a book. Turn your money into knowledge. Use the knowledge to get a good degree. Use the good degree to get a good job. Use the good job to make lots of money.

Now THAT'S an investment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JacksterD)
    Buy a book. Turn your money into knowledge. Use the knowledge to get a good degree. Use the good degree to get a good job. Use the good job to make lots of money.

Now THAT'S an investment.
    But degrees cost up to 9K

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.