Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, could anyone please help me with this?

I´ve been given two sets of data: "This survey was subsequently performed and questionnaires from a random sample of 30 male employees and 50 female employees were obtained. You have been asked by the union executive to analyse the data relating to the gross monthly earnings and age of these 80 employees"

Now they ask me to: "Use Excel to investigate and summarise the gross monthly earning data for both males and females separately. Only descriptive statistical techniques are required (such as graphs, tables and numerical summaries) to explore and determine the main features of the data. You should select what you believe to be appropriate ways of illustrating and summarising the data. Graphs/Charts should be fully labelled and numerical summaries given to a relevant number of decimal places, with units."

I have no idea how to do that on Excel.

ReputationRep:
    You can do scatter graphs on Excel to show the relationship between age and earnings.

ReputationRep:
    All of that can be done in excel but it is quite difficult to explain how to do it without being next to you, i would suggest searching online for an excel tutorial to try and learn some of the basic data manipulation fundtions

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.