Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Evening/ball dress help! watch

Announcements

(Original post by natashapt)
    Thankyou so much I saw a dress I loved on there and was wary but am now going to go for it! Have you receieved yours yet? x
    Yes, defo go for it I say :yep:. Mind me asking, what dress is it that you love? PM me if you wish not to share your choice with all on TSR. I am hoping I get an invite to more balls this year, as I know where I shall be ordering the next one . . .:teeth: lol

I haven't received mine yet, as I have ordered in the busiest season, ie proms, weddings. I did however put the event date for the 14th May (it's actually the 20th May), so I am hoping to receive it in the next few weeks, perhaps. I will post though when it comes; in your thread and my thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Yes, defo go for it I say :yep:. Mind me asking, what dress is it that you love? PM me if you wish not to share your choice with all on TSR. I am hoping I get an invite to more balls this year, as I know where I shall be ordering the next one . . .:teeth: lol

I haven't received mine yet, as I have ordered in the busiest season, ie proms, weddings. I did however put the event date for the 14th May (it's actually the 20th May), so I am hoping to receive it in the next few weeks, perhaps. I will post though when it comes; in your thread and my thread
    Its the one on the first "evening dress" page its long and white and has silver flowers as like a strap..if that makes sense! Ah oki doki thanks so much Id love to see what one of their real products looks like, I just wanna stand out against my friends hehe

Its the one on the first "evening dress" page its long and white and has silver flowers as like a strap..if that makes sense! Ah oki doki thanks so much Id love to see what one of their real products looks like, I just wanna stand out against my friends hehe
    Yes, I know the one- I was going to go for it, but I wasn't too fond of the back, it's a lil too low for me personally, as I want to wear a bra with mine. They have a few reviews on YouTube and their site, but there aren't many. But I'm hoping it lives upto what it's like online n is a stunning dress. Yes I too wanna stand out from the crowd; not to sound snooty but everyone or the majority will have dresses from high st. stores, @ least u can guarantee that no one will have a dress like yours or will you clash.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I know the one- I was going to go for it, but I wasn't too fond of the back, it's a lil too low for me personally, as I want to wear a bra with mine. They have a few reviews on YouTube and their site, but there aren't many. But I'm hoping it lives upto what it's like online n is a stunning dress. Yes I too wanna stand out from the crowd; not to sound snooty but everyone or the majority will have dresses from high st. stores, @ least u can guarantee that no one will have a dress like yours or will you clash.
    Iv got a multiway bra so hopefully itl be low enough for the dress! Yep thats what I was thinking, plus the dresses instore in my area are about £300 + and theres no way I can afford that!

Iv got a multiway bra so hopefully itl be low enough for the dress! Yep thats what I was thinking, plus the dresses instore in my area are about £300 + and theres no way I can afford that!
    Ahhh hopefully you'll be alright then. Have you ordered it yet or are you waiting for me to post mine??? I think mine should be posted mid this week (as it says 10-12 working days), and then 3-5days delivery. So hopefully next week (eeeek) it arrives lol. OMG Im rather excited lol.

Yea I went into a shop today, and last week with my brothers gf, and the dresses were in the £300+ and they are hideous, not forgetting they were damaged and snagged!! Ok, the prices of the majority of dresses on dresspro. start @ £100, but @ least you're getting a dress that is custom made to fit, stunning and no one else will have the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh hopefully you'll be alright then. Have you ordered it yet or are you waiting for me to post mine??? I think mine should be posted mid this week (as it says 10-12 working days), and then 3-5days delivery. So hopefully next week (eeeek) it arrives lol. OMG Im rather excited lol.

Yea I went into a shop today, and last week with my brothers gf, and the dresses were in the £300+ and they are hideous, not forgetting they were damaged and snagged!! Ok, the prices of the majority of dresses on dresspro. start @ £100, but @ least you're getting a dress that is custom made to fit, stunning and no one else will have the same thing.
    Im waiting for you to post yours and waiting for my EMA to come in coz my job money is going on petrol right now hehe! Yeah i know exactly what you mean, they all look really bridesmaidy too whereas I just wanted something that wzas simple yet stunning.

Im waiting for you to post yours and waiting for my EMA to come in coz my job money is going on petrol right now hehe! Yeah i know exactly what you mean, they all look really bridesmaidy too whereas I just wanted something that wzas simple yet stunning.
    Ah okey dokey, no worries. I'll defo post when it arrives, well I'll jus do a review of it.

ReputationRep:
    Ah okey dokey, no worries. I'll defo post when it arrives, well I'll jus do a review of it.
    Where abouts will you do the review? on This forum or another one? xx

Where abouts will you do the review? on This forum or another one? xx
    Here and my blog, which I am going to restart again.

ReputationRep:
    Here and my blog, which I am going to restart again.
    Ok cool thanks

. . .
    Hi, just to let you know I have not YET received my dress. It should have been here last week. But I appreciate there have been a lot of bank holidays and they are v busy. However looking @ the facebook page 'Dressespro', quite a few people have not had their dresses. Or their dresses have turned up a month late after their event date! So I dunno what you want to do; order and hope it arrives on time or find elsewhere?? :dontknow:. I am still hoping that I get my dress before 14th May! My mum's friends sister who is also going to same ball as myself, received her dress last week and she ordered a week before me!

So I dunno :dontknow: . .

Thought I would let you know, as I haven't forgotten to reply to you or anything.

. . .
    Just to let you know again, I still have not had my dress regardless of being told it would be shipped 10th May. I seriously urge you or anyone else considering purchasing from this website NOT to bother. They are incredibly unreliable, and I am now forced to go out and find something else.

This facebook group says it all really, wish I had known before

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you know again, I still have not had my dress regardless of being told it would be shipped 10th May. I seriously urge you or anyone else considering purchasing from this website NOT to bother. They are incredibly unreliable, and I am now forced to go out and find something else.

This facebook group says it all really, wish I had known before
    Seriously thats so crap Im sorry youv gone through so much trouble to get something Have you found anything else? iv gone for this dress... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/eDressit-Purpl...ht_2624wt_1139 I hope you find one soon, let me know how you're search goes!

Seriously thats so crap Im sorry youv gone through so much trouble to get something Have you found anything else? iv gone for this dress... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/eDressit-Purpl...ht_2624wt_1139 I hope you find one soon, let me know how you're search goes!
    It's pissing me off. I am getting crap excuses everyday now, since I started to enquire about it. Someone even ordered their's AFTER mine, and it was shipped yesterday! WTF is that about? If you know anyone thinking about ordering, tell them from me NOT to bother. I now have the stress of trying to find something on the crappy highstreet And so far I have found absolutely nothing .

Oooo that's a pretty colour, pretty dress. Have you received it yet? . .

ReputationRep:
    It's pissing me off. I am getting crap excuses everyday now, since I started to enquire about it. Someone even ordered their's AFTER mine, and it was shipped yesterday! WTF is that about? If you know anyone thinking about ordering, tell them from me NOT to bother. I now have the stress of trying to find something on the crappy highstreet And so far I have found absolutely nothing .

Oooo that's a pretty colour, pretty dress. Have you received it yet? . .
    It seems that obviously its just a hit and miss site where some recieve and some dont, pretty crap policy they should be shut down I dont know why companies like that are still allowed to run.. Thats poop Have you tried House of Fraser? They've got some pretty ones in the sale! Umm it was dispatched yesterday and takes around 9 days to come so hopefully next week sometime!

It seems that obviously its just a hit and miss site where some recieve and some dont, pretty crap policy they should be shut down I dont know why companies like that are still allowed to run.. Thats poop Have you tried House of Fraser? They've got some pretty ones in the sale! Umm it was dispatched yesterday and takes around 9 days to come so hopefully next week sometime!
    My mum and I assumed all was well, seeing as mum's work colleague, work colleague sister, and her work colleague's son's GF all received their dresses in good time. My mum said her colleague even said it took her dress 3 weeks to arrive; custom made and shipped! So we heard that good feedback and just thought well they must be good. How wrong were we? Their facebook group says it all tbh, and I wish I had researched before ordering. Never ever again. They definitely should be shut down or @ least postpone their site until they catch up with the backlog, because they clearly can't manage or simply don't understand customer service! One of the posters on the FB group had her order cancelled, just like that! :/ I was like OMG, giving her 2 days to find a dress!! Another customer, his daughters' prom is Friday (tomorrow), they are shipping it tomorrow!!! Absolutely disgusting. There isn't any point in me trying to get a refund because that takes ages as well; some people are still waiting after 3-4weeks! Crazy!

I tried looking online @ Debenhams and HoF - I don't like any of them! This is the problem I have, I am very picky and it's why I chose well in advance but went elsewhere. Just v v upset and pissed off.

I've written a blog post about them, so I am hoping when my followers grow, people will know NOT to bother with them. I might even post to Dressespro, make them read it. And also alert magazine people or something.

2days before my ball (shipped 18th May), Dressespro have FINALLY sent my dress! I have a feeling it'll turn up on the day of the ball (Friday), which is no good to me as it'll be crushed, and I have no shoes and accessories for it. So it'll be put away for another formal occasion (whenever that is :facepalm:).

Will upload a picture when the dress arrives.

ReputationRep:
    I ordered a dress fro my prom this year, and it turns out to be perfect. Like it and like its price, its quality, so much. order again.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 20, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.