Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to university mainly because of the cost and the confusion in what i wanted to do. :confused:

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who is also in the same position, and is currently in year 13 and know what they are doing after they complete sixth form?

Plus, does anyone know any good apprentiship scheme's which are about in london or essex?

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    You should try and get a job on The only way is Essex, you seem stupid enough for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswald Mosley)
    You should try and get a job on The only way is Essex, you seem stupid enough for it.
    I'm sorry, stupid?
    I didn't ask for your opinion on me?
    I don't see why you think I'm stupid, and no thanks with the 'Only way is Essex' job suggestion, I don't think it is my kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    Apprenticeship and Advanced Apprenticeship for entry/intermediate level and advanced skills are available for a wide range of jobs in different sectors.

Apprenticeships have been around for decades and recently more employers are offering a chance to train in the work place.

National Apprenticeship Service website provide a list of schemes and training opportunities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Education Tay)
    Apprenticeship and Advanced Apprenticeship for entry/intermediate level and advanced skills are available for a wide range of jobs in different sectors.

Apprenticeships have been around for decades and recently more employers are offering a chance to train in the work place.

National Apprenticeship Service website provide a list of schemes and training opportunities.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashlee1993)
    I'm not going to university mainly because of the cost and the confusion in what i wanted to do. :confused:

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who is also in the same position, and is currently in year 13 and know what they are doing after they complete sixth form?

Plus, does anyone know any good apprentiship scheme's which are about in london or essex?

Thank you.
    My boyfriends just finishing his apprenticeship at ford dunton (im hopign you know where that is being from essex and all) the pay is amazing, and goes up in september as he finishes, and seeing as your a girl, youd probably advance quicker, they always do in those places, the pay there is amazing though, but considering you have no idea what to do, i could be completely and utterly wasting my time....

ReputationRep:
    Thank you No your not wasting your time at all.
    Very helpful thanks

ReputationRep:
    I too do not have a degree, I'm 23 years old and just looking at apprenticeships.

Is a degree needed for some schemes? I am interested in PR and advertising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonlight_caster)
    I too do not have a degree, I'm 23 years old and just looking at apprenticeships.

The majority of the apprenticeships out there do not require a degree. I have only come across the IBM scheme which requires a IT related degree. In order to gain an advanced apprenticeship you will be required to poses 4 GCSE's at grade A - C including english and maths. I am 19 now and what I hate about apprenticeship is that for some you have to be between 16 - 18. anyway good luck

ReputationRep:
    Just so you know I am in the same position as you. I do not plan to go to university after sixth form. I am currently attending interviews for childcare apprenticeships. I only recently realised that I really want to be a nursery nurse, but I may as well finish my a levels first- less than 2 weeks left until my last exam!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Did you make any final decisions on what kind of apprenticeship you are looking for? I work for QA IT Apprenticeships so would be happy to answerr any questions you have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chantal_QA)
    Hello,

Did you make any final decisions on what kind of apprenticeship you are looking for? I work for QA IT Apprenticeships so would be happy to answerr any questions you have
    I know that your question is directed towards the OP, but what kind of opportunities does your company offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonlight_caster)

Same here! I know your post and this tread is old am I am looking for something similar.

Here's my thread:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1767257

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.