Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Interview for Masters in Television Journalism at City University watch

Hi guys,

I have just been told I have got an interview for City University for their MA in Television Journalism.

It says there will be a current affairs test - but the interview is from 10.00am-16.00pm.

Any ex-students got any insight into what the interview day entails? How is the News & Current Affairs test conducted? Anything I should be prepared for?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Hi there,

Could you let me know how it goes. I'm hoping to apply for the same course next year, any information would be invaluable.

However, picked this up on another thread

"The interview consists of a current affairs test - so u need to know everything recent, news, politics, world affairs, sports, celeb, elections, name of each important member of main parties etc.

Theres a face to face interview, general why journalism? and other typical questions.

Also coz urs is broadcast - they may say edit this article and then read it on a radio studio (not live) just to get a sound of ur voice. Thats what happened when I went my London school of arts interview last year for Broadcast journalism course.

I messed up because they said pick and edit most relevant news stories for radio one audience, afterwards he said radio one is targeted at 16 - 24 year olds therefore would not be interested in very political issues.

Hope that helps;
    1) must be up to date with news for current affairs test
    2) Brush up on editing/ writing skills for short test
    3) know target audience and type of news stories covered by main radio stations.
    4) practice interview questions / why journo/ what skills etc."

Hope this helps

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.