Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering are there cleaners who clean the kitchen and communal area in the flats and if so how often do they come? Or do the flats tend to be in such a state that thy don't come???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollieilloH)
    Just wondering are there cleaners who clean the kitchen and communal area in the flats and if so how often do they come? Or do the flats tend to be in such a state that thy don't come???
    There are no cleaners in the courts. Other places such as Brayford Quay and Hayes Wharf do have them. At HW they come once a week and wipe the sides, mop and hoover and they do it regardless of how untidy the kitchen is. Although, I think if it's in a massive state they report you and your room will be inspected.

ReputationRep:
    After reading some of these I'm not exactly looking forward to my accomodation anymore -_-

ReputationRep:
    seriously, your complaining about the accomodation not having a tv?!? I cannot believe how spoiled you all sound. Spend a week at the Beeches in Five Ways, Birmingham. THATS where you'll have trouble with junkies and muggers, not Lincoln!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone actually give an HONEST opinion about the place?

ReputationRep:
    I'll happily swap with anyone not willing to stay in courts anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what the internet speed is like as it says on the seemingly old website that its 1mbs which is crappy by today's standards even out here in the country side its 3 so can a more current student who lived there say what kind of speeds it was? Or if you never checked whether it was good enough for iplayer, youtube etc.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyofengland)
    Just wondering what the internet speed is like as it says on the seemingly old website that its 1mbs which is crappy by today's standards even out here in the country side its 3 so can a more current student who lived there say what kind of speeds it was? Or if you never checked whether it was good enough for iplayer, youtube etc.

Thanks
    At the open day they said it was very fast, and that they never had any complaints about the speed, even from students that have to download large files such as fashion students that have to download entire fashion show videos

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like The Student Village is the best for me (a fresher), plus its relatively cheap so more money more partying right?

Pretty silly question but whats the internet like in terms of accessing stuff like Xbox Live and such. Pretty geeky question I know, and I'm not just going to spend the whole time at uni playing video games but I just thought I'd ask anyway. I think I'll know the answer is going to be no but I thought I'd ask anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DystantMind)
    Sounds like The Student Village is the best for me (a fresher), plus its relatively cheap so more money more partying right?

Pretty silly question but whats the internet like in terms of accessing stuff like Xbox Live and such. Pretty geeky question I know, and I'm not just going to spend the whole time at uni playing video games but I just thought I'd ask anyway. I think I'll know the answer is going to be no but I thought I'd ask anyway
    The people I know who managed to get their xbox connected said it's okay. I never figured out how to connect mine up myself :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyofengland)

Thanks
    The internet is pretty good though I have had one or 2 times where it has been now and then but was because one flat mate was downloading every episode of Battlestar Galactica while another 2 were playing on xbox live :unimpressed: . Though the wireless connect in the admin, architecture, libraryand I am guessing the others as well though I haven't been in them is brilliant. I managed to download a 2 gig movie in less than a minute while I was in one of the architecture studio.

ReputationRep:
    Do you need an ethernet cable in SV and if so what kind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollieilloH)
    Do you need an ethernet cable in SV and if so what kind?
    There is a ethernet port in the rooms but now everywhere has been given wireless so unless you rather used wired you don't need one. As for what type I'm not sure I'm not a computer person I would say standard if anything, all I know is the cable I brought with me worked :laugh:

University open days

1. University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  2. University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 14 Oct '18
  3. University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.