Turn on thread page Beta

Mother's Day Presents watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know I know, she's my mother and I should be able to think of something, but she's impossible to buy for!

She's strict, a teacher, not into sentimental stuff like photos/photoframes/scrapbooks whathave you, i can't just go with flowers because she has reaaaaally bad hayfever at the moment and practically all flowers set that off. also have no idea what music she would like, as she's quite fussy, and usually would buy it off of itunes as it's a bit cheaper and she can put it straight onto her ipod, and she doesnt listen to all that much music anyway. and my dad got her the cookbooks she wanted for christmas, and she has no idea what she wants that is affordable 0_o

she's allergic to looooads of perfumes, and the one i was going to get her, my dad has gone and bought her (he always gets her a present too 0_o).

i'm pretty broke, so can't afford anything particularly expensive, and i can't do a day out or meal or anything, because we're all really busy at the moment and don't have time and i wouldn't know what to do

plus all the purses/bags etc she likes, are pretty designer, and i got her what she wanted for her birthday recently, and couldnt afford something she would definitely like, now.

all i can think of is maybe a nice bottle of wine that she loves and wouldn't normally have, to drink with dinner on mother's day, but i'm not sure.

anyone got any idea? boo hoo

thanks in advance :P x

ReputationRep:
    bumpidy bumpidy bump.

ReputationRep:
    Erm why not cook her an awesome dinner or show her your love since you cant buy any materialistic stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    Erm why not cook her an awesome dinner or show her your love since you cant buy any materialistic stuff?
    because we have an awesomely amazing kitchen, which unfortunately i'm not allowed to use.

also i don't think she'd want me to cook as she's sure she wouldn't like it and i'd be crap at cooking XD

man this is going to be difficult... but thank you, tis a good idea :P

(ps. i'm not crap at cooking i'm not bad at all, but meh)

ReputationRep:
    Can't beat a decent bottle of Prosecco <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Can't beat a decent bottle of Prosecco <3
    ooooh good plan, i may have to go with that if i can find a bottle that doesnt cost too much XD

though i'll check with the father that she def. likes it, fussy as she is
    don't see why not though, dry white...mmmhmmm.

ReputationRep:
    I actually bought my mum Zoo Tycoon 2. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'll assume she's not going to be into this but I'll suggest it anyway. I have the same trouble with my mum - she's impossible to buy for! How about a spa treatment/massage/stuff like that? A class you could do together (painting, knitting, jewellery making/pottery making)? I got my mum a book and mini perfume sprayer, mostly cos her birthday is a few days after mothers day. I got her a mini greenhouse for her birthday which is an ingenious idea for her as she's always trying to grow strawberries/tomatoes but they get eaten every year, but we don't really have the space for a huge one. Take her for a meal out or to a show? Doesn't have to be on mothers day but tickets for something soon...

ReputationRep:
    The wine seems like the best idea!

As I have no money, I'm going to make her breakfast in bed, and walk in with it whilst covered in wrapping paper and a bow. I'm her present, seeing as I come back from uni the day before :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sprockette)
    I'll assume she's not going to be into this but I'll suggest it anyway. I have the same trouble with my mum - she's impossible to buy for! How about a spa treatment/massage/stuff like that? A class you could do together (painting, knitting, jewellery making/pottery making)? I got my mum a book and mini perfume sprayer, mostly cos her birthday is a few days after mothers day. I got her a mini greenhouse for her birthday which is an ingenious idea for her as she's always trying to grow strawberries/tomatoes but they get eaten every year, but we don't really have the space for a huge one. Take her for a meal out or to a show? Doesn't have to be on mothers day but tickets for something soon...
    unfortunately not she works a lot and likes her free time to be spent at home, and thinks she already knows everything so can't do a class can't afford a meal or trip out really (circumstances with money and stuffs ), and i don't think something where she has to spend much time with me is a good idea XD i'm not her favourite person in the world :P heh though thank you

i would like to get her a book but now she has a book reader thing, and doesnt read real books any more really, and she doesnt like doing gardening or anything 0_o maaaaaaaaan she sounds awful haha. she's lovely most of the time really haha, just is mega busy and fussy and has rather good taste so everything has to be expensive 0_o

(Original post by psychocustard)
    The wine seems like the best idea!

As I have no money, I'm going to make her breakfast in bed, and walk in with it whilst covered in wrapping paper and a bow. I'm her present, seeing as I come back from uni the day before :awesome:
    yeaaaah i asked my dad what wine she likes and he says it's a stupid idea and won't help out, so looks like i;m gonna have to go into town and just buy her a box of chocolates and any wine i think looks good since i don't really drink it myself XD dear oh dear :P

haha that's a good idea can imagine me doing that, it would NOT go down well. "silliness" is not an option :P

and no present isn't an option either *sigh*

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.