Turn on thread page Beta

How do I Get out of a Study Funk? watch

Announcements

Hi

I've almost finished college now and how barely any assignments left to do but I just don't want to do them. I stare at my assignments and feel really bored and sleepy. Even now I'm sitting here thinking I should be writing something but I just can't.

I feel like such a lazy person. It all started about a month ago when I worked really hard on an assignment and the tutor handed it back as a fail. I was really hurt because she said I'd failed because I hadn't phrased one particular part of my assignment in a way that she thought, "acceptably met the grading criteria". I tried to argue it out but I lost, even when I took it to higher authorities they took her side.

Ever since I haven't wanted to work at all. My last two assignments were really bad as I couldn't put any energy into finishing them. I've also started sleeping for really long periods of time and missing class in the mornings. I've set alarms and gone to bed earlier, but I'm still really tired and can barely concentrate.

My tutors send me mean messages now and tell me I'm letting myself down. I know I am but it's not like I'm doing it on purpose. In truth, even as I write this I feel like I could fall asleep. I know that a few years ago I suffered from depression and felt sleepy all the time then too.

Does anyone know how I can get out of this funk?

Also, thanks for reading this

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.