The Student Room Group

Even though Im revising, I have pretty much accepted failure

There is simply too much to cover if Im honest with you. Im revising but I have just accepted Im quite frankly not going to do very well. Thanks to how ridiculously congested my exams are, I dont have much hope. I have 8 exams in 9 days. There is also just too much to cover.

History for example. There are 3 books and I started making notes on my first book about 3 weeks ago. I have done 25 pages of notes and Im only half way through with another 2 books to go. Its pretty much impossible. I have no idea what to right now. Last year I would be relaxed because 20 pages of notes had the whole course covered and all I had to do was know them well. Ofcourse I have my other subjects which require a lot of work as well.

What makes matters worse is that Im going away for one week of easter. Im probably gonna take a week off school before study leave to make up for that. But I still doubt I will do very well. Meh.. thats just the way it is I suppose.
Original post by BTNH
There is simply too much to cover if Im honest with you. Im revising but I have just accepted Im quite frankly not going to do very well. Thanks to how ridiculously congested my exams are, I dont have much hope. I have 8 exams in 9 days. There is also just too much to cover.

History for example. There are 3 books and I started making notes on my first book about 3 weeks ago. I have done 25 pages of notes and Im only half way through with another 2 books to go. Its pretty much impossible. I have no idea what to right now. Last year I would be relaxed because 20 pages of notes had the whole course covered and all I had to do was know them well. Ofcourse I have my other subjects which require a lot of work as well.

What makes matters worse is that Im going away for one week of easter. Im probably gonna take a week off school before study leave to make up for that. But I still doubt I will do very well. Meh.. thats just the way it is I suppose.

I was the same and came out with decent grades and was very surprised which made me realise I could push myself that bit more!
I had 7 in January, and came out with AABBCCC from CDDEU
Reply 2
Good job you gave a solution to your own problem with acceptance.
Reply 3
Original post by Genocidal
Good job you gave a solution to your own problem with acceptance.

cheers bro
You've got plenty of time, if you want to accept failure then that would be the only reason you fail come exam time. Put more hours in and improvise with your notes if you're going too slowly. Compare your situation to others, I was talking to a person who missed the past few months of their degree and will be undertaking their finals, that's a lot of work too but they're committed. Honestly, if the notes thing is getting you down, ditch them and revise straight from the book.

Quick Reply

Latest