Turn on thread page Beta

Sacked from work... for eating a cake... watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay, my friend got fired today because the store manager caught her eating a cake. Two people had previously been caught eating stock, however they were just given written warnings. We were then made to sign something that said we wouldnt eat any of the stock. But obviously she did, & has been caught... and fired.

Could she appeal this? Just trying to help her really, its her full time job. So obviously shes gutted.

ReputationRep:
    **** happens. If the cake was company stock and she ate it without paying then it is theft!

ReputationRep:
    So she signed a contract saying she wouldn't eat stock. Then she ate stock & got fired.

What part of this makes you think she has anything to appeal?

It's called making an example out of someone. Obviously people had done it many times before and clearly didn't take it seriously. Tell your friend to follow the rules in the future.

ReputationRep:
    There's no wrong done in firing her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    Okay, my friend got fired today because the store manager caught her eating a cake. Two people had previously been caught eating stock, however they were just given written warnings. We were then made to sign something that said we wouldnt eat any of the stock. But obviously she did, & has been caught... and fired.

Could she appeal this? Just trying to help her really, its her full time job. So obviously shes gutted.
    She's lucky they don't prosecute her for theft.

ReputationRep:
    Also your title is misleading. You made it seem like your friend's boss was some sort of cake-hating nazi. I was sadly disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't she pay for it? Tight sod. I'd be pissed if I knew someone was stealing from me too, no matter how large or small.

Plus, for all the manager knows, she could be doing it on a regular basis, which is losing the company money.

In short, she deserved to be sacked.

ReputationRep:

She broke her contract terms so her employer was right to dismiss her... it is also theft as previous poster has stated so she's lucky she wasn't in more trouble.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of cake?

(it's important)

ReputationRep:
    She has no chance if she tries to appeal.

ReputationRep:
    hahahaa

ReputationRep:
    fatttttttt ***** unlucky getting caught

ReputationRep:

Signed something after eating a cake, and does it again? Lesson learnt. And yeah, theft.

ReputationRep:
    <joke about having your cake and eating it too>

ReputationRep:
    I hope your friends next job isn't in a bank

ReputationRep:
    Has she been gaining a lot of weight since working there? maybe her employers did the maths.

ReputationRep:
    Gross misconduct. Don't waste the employment tribunal's time.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she has a eating problem, I'd get that checked out if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    By friend do you mean you? :holmes:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.