Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sacked from work... for eating a cake... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    By friend do you mean you? :holmes:
    Nope!

ReputationRep:
    I find it kind of funny, I can just picture some fat girl hiding in a warehouse surrounded by cardboard boxes chowing down on a cake she then gets hauled into he bosses office by security face covered in cake and boss shouting you 'fat *******', eating my cakes and shaking her and bits of cake coming out of her gob .

She knew the rules although they should be obvious. Don't scoff the stock. If she craved cake she should have bought one like all the customers. Anything else is stealing.

ReputationRep:
    Man, that's pretty harsh. I ate stock at my old place all the time, in fact the manager sometimes encouraged it because certain stuff wasn't getting eaten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonperson)
    Man, that's pretty harsh. I ate stock at my old place all the time, in fact the manager sometimes encouraged it because certain stuff wasn't getting eaten.
    Yeah, but they actually made the OP's friend sign something to say they wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    where does she work, sounds familiar

ReputationRep:
    Hey, noway man - its theft and why would you eat stock after signing a form? surely thats a TINY hint to show you the company is serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    Okay, my friend got fired today because the store manager caught her eating a cake. Two people had previously been caught eating stock, however they were just given written warnings. We were then made to sign something that said we wouldnt eat any of the stock. But obviously she did, & has been caught... and fired.

Could she appeal this? Just trying to help her really, its her full time job. So obviously shes gutted.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but your friend must be really really dumb. Seriously, I remember at my old work where we had to sign an agreement of a certain protocol we would undertake with every customer (i.e. say hi, do you want a bag, do have a co-op card, anything else I can do etc), and if we were caught not doing it, we'd be in the **** because we had agreed to it.

Same goes here, you signed saying you wouldn't do something, and if you did it then you'd get punished. Your friend got punished by losing her job for doing something she had agreed not to. So frankly she has no grounds to appeal this sacking because: a - she agreed not to and did it, and b - she actually committed theft, so I'd drop it and not make an issue of it.

ReputationRep:
    Go back to your work place tonight, and set fire to the building. I've done it loads of times. Make sure you wear a face mask for CCTV.

ReputationRep:
    I hope your friend gets a nice job cleaning poo

ReputationRep:
    hahaha sacked from work for eating a cake hahahahaha one of the funniest thread titles i've seen on here

ReputationRep:
    It sucks as a whole to lose your job for something as little as eating a cake, but what can you do it is theft, put it down as a learning curve maybe

ReputationRep:
    Is your friend fat?]

If yes then the company were right to sack her.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it seems harsh but at the end of the day the company specifically said don't eat the cake and she did...her fault she won't have a leg to stand on if she appeals it.
    Some companies are relaxed and will let you take some of the stock if it's going out of date/going to go in the bin but you should always ask first

ReputationRep:
    get her to tell them she'll pay for the cake + extra thievery fees and say she was going to pay but forgot to/didn't get a chance to and she deserves her job back lol.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.