Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So i got my interview date from Camberwell after sending off my flickr portfolio, i wondered if anyone had any tips/ hints/ inside info as to what happens on the day? what they are looking for etc?? real nervous as its my first choice, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I also have an interview. I have no idea how many photos to take, whether I should take the same photos as the ones I sent on flickr, if I should take anything extra like pieces of writing, drawings etc. I'm really nervous as I wasn't expecting to get an interview.

ReputationRep:
    When are your interviews, apparently it might just be drop off portfolio and come back later kinda thing, mines on thurs 7th april for BA graphic design

ReputationRep:
    Mine's on Tuesday 5th April at 2pm

ReputationRep:
    mines at 10am, early, at least I live very closeby

ReputationRep:
    Hate to pitch in without any thing useful to say, but I'm worried about this too! I received an email saying: [I]"Your interview will be conducted within the Illustration department by a panel made up from members of the BA Illustration Staff. The interview should take approximately 15 minutes maximum."

I was under the impression that it was going to be a portfolio drop off followed by a possible interview (like the other UAL's) Has anyone else got/had this? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    mine said 'Portfolios will be reviewed between 10:00 — 15:00. We would like you to be available to collect
    your portfolio from the Graphics studio at 15:00 (although we may advise you of an earlier time on the day).
    It is very important that you consider that you may not be present to explain your work when we look through your portfolio.'
    but I think I would rather have a one to one interview, so they cant judge you with others lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisCantBeChanged)
    mine said 'Portfolios will be reviewed between 10:00 — 15:00. We would like you to be available to collect
    your portfolio from the Graphics studio at 15:00 (although we may advise you of an earlier time on the day).
    It is very important that you consider that you may not be present to explain your work when we look through your portfolio.'
    but I think I would rather have a one to one interview, so they cant judge you with others lol

I'm the opposite- I had general portfolio reviews at CSM and LCC and I got places there. I guess it depends whether or not you interview well! I didn't know that they had two ways of reviewing you :/

Hope yours goes well!

ReputationRep:
    just looked over the email again, it looks like its just a case of dropping off my portfolio at 10? on the day? i'd prefer an interview though, i'd like to be there when they look through my stuff.

Rekon I should take the work i put on flickr? or new stuff or both?? how much has everyone else got?

ReputationRep:
    Could someone just give me a last minute opinion please?

I'm going to put two photographs of music performances in my portfolio but I'm not sure on which two. I think the ones titled AOA are the best 2 but they involve the same singer so I don't know if that's a bad idea or not.

My flickr URL is in my sig.

Thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luke$)
    just looked over the email again, it looks like its just a case of dropping off my portfolio at 10? on the day? i'd prefer an interview though, i'd like to be there when they look through my stuff.

Rekon I should take the work i put on flickr? or new stuff or both?? how much has everyone else got?
    Definitely take the stuff you put on flicker- they won't remember the online portfolios & chances are that it's your best stuff. The best way to get a place (that I've found) is to really clearly divide up your work, & include lots of development stuff- they seem to like that! I took around 60 A1 sheets to my interviews, but I didn't have sketchbooks & everyone else did, so I guess the way you present your stuff can really vary! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone taking drawings or pieces of writing?

I was asked to take them to my De Montfort interview but the drawings were just of people and the writing was a screenplay so I don't know if I should take them to my Camberwell interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreddieFireman)
    Hate to pitch in without any thing useful to say, but I'm worried about this too! I received an email saying: [I]"Your interview will be conducted within the Illustration department by a panel made up from members of the BA Illustration Staff. The interview should take approximately 15 minutes maximum."

I was under the impression that it was going to be a portfolio drop off followed by a possible interview (like the other UAL's) Has anyone else got/had this? Thank you!
    Can someone explain this to me? On my track page it says my interview will take place on the 26th of April at 14:45 pm it says nothing about dropping my portfolio off at 10am?
    Is it different for everyone/different courses, or what? I am very confuuuused!

(Applied for illustration, btw.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YvonneWiecek)
    Can someone explain this to me? On my track page it says my interview will take place on the 26th of April at 14:45 pm it says nothing about dropping my portfolio off at 10am?
    Is it different for everyone/different courses, or what? I am very confuuuused!

(Applied for illustration, btw.)
    I think that the Graphics people have a portfolio drop-off (hence the 10am start) but the Illustration people have a specific interview time. I talked to some other people on my foundation and they've got the same thing, so it looks like your interview's just that (if that makes any sense)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreddieFireman)
    I think that the Graphics people have a portfolio drop-off (hence the 10am start) but the Illustration people have a specific interview time. I talked to some other people on my foundation and they've got the same thing, so it looks like your interview's just that (if that makes any sense)
    Ah, great, thank you so much, now I can book my tickets!

Does anyone have any official numbers, like how many applied, how many got through to the interview stage and how many places there are on the illustration and graphics courses?

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview for photography yesterday. It went better than I thought and the person who interviewed me was really nice, although, I still don't think I managed to get an offer. I find out by the end of next week so I'm sure I'll be checking my track every 10 minutes until then haha.

ReputationRep:
    I just came back from my interview for Graphic Design, got there at 10 they made us leave our portfolios and come back at 2, luckily I live close so I went home, then I came back and they showed us round the uni and thats it. Hopefully I get in, find out on monday

ReputationRep:
    I hope thos of us who have interview at the end of April won't be disadvantaged :<
    I'm tired of waiting....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YvonneWiecek)
    I hope thos of us who have interview at the end of April won't be disadvantaged :<
    I'm tired of waiting....
    I really wouldn't worry too much about that- these guys know what they're doing! (I hope)

I had my interview for Illustration today: they were very encouraging and the whole thing was very relaxed! They looked through your portfolio without you for a few minutes, then they called you in and asked you...

A) To talk through a project of yours included in your portfolio (lots of questions came about from that obvs)

B) Why you wanted to study this course and why Camberwell

C)What kind of hobbies you have, interests etc.

There were a few other smaller questions, but those seemed to be the main 3. I completely messed mine up because I hadn't prepared (already got my top choice of CSM in the bag) but I would say the key is preparation! Know the ins and outs of your portfolio. Other than that, they really are very nice. So don't worry about that bit haha. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Had my Illlustration interview yesterday too, went ok I think but the interviewers were a little hard to read on what they thought.

They pretty much asked me the same things that freddie mentioned then, standard interview questions really.

Anyone know when we're supposed to hear back from them? Interviews are goin on up until the end of April so hopefully it won't take that long.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
University of the Arts London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.