Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kierangabriel)
    Had my Illlustration interview yesterday too, went ok I think but the interviewers were a little hard to read on what they thought.

They pretty much asked me the same things that freddie mentioned then, standard interview questions really.

Anyone know when we're supposed to hear back from them? Interviews are goin on up until the end of April so hopefully it won't take that long.
    Photography interviews are going on until the end of April too but I had my interview on Tuesday and they said I would hear back by the end of next week so I'd imagine it's the same for you.

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool, thanks. Less time for me to stress out.

ReputationRep:
    Finally got my first offer, conditional for BA graphic design at camberwell woop.

ReputationRep:
    I've my interview for BA Photography on April 27th. Could the number of places be limited after the results of the early April interviews?
    Well, I'm still not sure whether I should attend or not. I live outside the UK and I guess I cannot afford studying that course.
    If you live in London, how does it look like for the undergraduates? Is there any time left for working? Is it affordable to study arts? What are the job prospects for aspiring photographers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisCantBeChanged)
    Finally got my first offer, conditional for BA graphic design at camberwell woop.
    yeahhh! well done
    when did you have your interview at camberwell and how was it?
    if i remember right you got an unsuccsessful at kingston as well, right?
    i'll have my interview end of april and wonder if it makes sense to try it after i got rejected from kingston ... but your offer gives me some hope!

will you accept the offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ooinvisibleoo)
    yeahhh! well done
    when did you have your interview at camberwell and how was it?
    if i remember right you got an unsuccsessful at kingston as well, right?
    i'll have my interview end of april and wonder if it makes sense to try it after i got rejected from kingston ... but your offer gives me some hope!

will you accept the offer?
    hey, yeh I got an unsuccesful from kingston, but I'm glad I finally got an offer. I think I will accept the offer after my ravensbourne interview tomorrow, I think camberwell will be quite good for me cos its a smaller uni, close to home and they said if you like making things, camberwell is good because its quite a hands on course and my work is mainly like this. Now have to complete student finance good luck with your interview
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by leeo)
    I've my interview for BA Photography on April 27th. Could the number of places be limited after the results of the early April interviews?
    Well, I'm still not sure whether I should attend or not. I live outside the UK and I guess I cannot afford studying that course.
    If you live in London, how does it look like for the undergraduates? Is there any time left for working? Is it affordable to study arts? What are the job prospects for aspiring photographers?
    Job prospects are between "if you work your arse off" and "bugger all"

If you want to get a job in photography, the options are pretty much:

Freelance
    Staffer for press
    Staffer for company (retail, inhouse, etc)
    Assiting established photographer
    Junior in a studio
    Junior Editor/Researcher of some sort (stock library, picture desk)
    Teaching

London is saturated with student photographers, both those doing a degree and those who "like taking photos." All to often you will get the line "I can't pay you, but it'll be great for you portfolio"

If you are good with time management you should be able to find time to work alongside your degree. I'd never say it's an "affordable" thing to do though.

ReputationRep:
    Uncondtional for BA Illustration!
    Anyone else got in? Add me on facebook (it's in my contact details, not sure if I can post it in here) or send me a private message and keep in touch!
    So freaking happy but scared ****less as well, haha, I don't know anyone in London...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
University of the Arts London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.