Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a casual sex kinda girl, I believe that for me, sex stays in relationships, though I have no problem with other people doing it, it's just that personally I like it to mean something. Thing is when you hear about what happens between people at uni, you don't often hear about people actually dating, actually being in a relationship. A lot of it just seems to be sleeping with various people for fun. So people who are already in uni, do people actually date? I'm not going in to Uni with the view of finding a new boyfriend though I do admit it would be lovely to find someone at Uni, but I was just wondering whether it happens because you never hear about it.

ReputationRep:
    It does.

I don't think that is a ground-breaking assumption to make, even if you had never been to Uni.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, of course they do.
    I've always been in a relationship, so I haven't personally, but my friends have. You're right, there are definitely people who just want to sleep around, but when you spend so much time with people like you do at uni relationships are bound to happen sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    No they only participate in college wild parties. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    People in England don't date each other. It's an Indian/American thing.

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have. Its a great social setting to meet many hot young chicks

ReputationRep:
    Yes, people date and people just have fun together.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilymay)
    I'm not a casual sex kinda girl, I believe that for me, sex stays in relationships, though I have no problem with other people doing it, it's just that personally I like it to mean something. Thing is when you hear about what happens between people at uni, you don't often hear about people actually dating, actually being in a relationship. A lot of it just seems to be sleeping with various people for fun. So people who are already in uni, do people actually date? I'm not going in to Uni with the view of finding a new boyfriend though I do admit it would be lovely to find someone at Uni, but I was just wondering whether it happens because you never hear about it.
    Of course they do! A lot of the hype you hear about one night stands is exaggerated, although it does take place, as with everywhere else! But a lot of people enter into really long-term relationships, and I can almost guarantee you that at least one couple in your year will get married either during, or shortly after, your degree!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, I was just wondering, because all you hear tend to hear about in terms of relationship type things are one night stands. I knew that some people must, I was just wondering if its normal and happens a lot like it did at college for example. Ahh I miss college gap years aren't all they're cracked up to be, although thats probably because I can't afford to go travelling anywhere but hey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeepStar)
    Yes, people date and people just have fun together.
    Fun? Please elaborate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    People in England don't date each other. It's an Indian/American thing.
    If we don't date in England, what do we do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    Fun? Please elaborate.
    I'm sure you don't need me to spell it out

ReputationRep:
    there are now 3 couples on my course, but then again there are a fair amount of people on my course who have just slept together. Mixture of both, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeepStar)
    I'm sure you don't need me to spell it out
    Give me a clue.

ReputationRep:
    Give me a clue.
    Hmmm.....

Nope. Not feeling enough generous today

Keep pondering

ReputationRep:
    Give me a clue.
    She's talking about a Board Game..

But which one?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, yes they do :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjibuzzin)
    If we don't date in England, what do we do?
    We go out with each other.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.