Turn on thread page Beta

Question about the Pill Girls! (Not having a Gap) watch

ReputationRep:
    Right so, you know most pills you take for 21 days and have a 7 day gap.
    Well i know my friend said she sometimes misses the gap and starts a new packet straight away so she doesn't have a period.
    So i did this in Feb, i took another packet without a 7 day break, i didn't do this in March, i had a break and had a Period.
    Will it be okay to not have a 7 day break in April so i don't have to be on my period and carry straight onto the next pack.

I'm just wondering if anyone else does this, because its just not convenient for the time to be on your period.. but does it matter if you do this?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone? :/

My ex girlfriend used to do this and it's fine, apart from the side effect of hormonal build up potentially making you a little more prone to mood swings, and again a potentially heavier period when you DO have your break.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's fine

ReputationRep:
    I've done it a few times but I'd be slow to do it a few months in a row because it can't be great, the gap is there for a reason

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes you get your period early at the end of the second pack which is a bit annoying but generally fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    Sometimes you get your period early at the end of the second pack which is a bit annoying but generally fine.
    I wondered why i came on a day earlier into the second pack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma16)
    I wondered why i came on a day earlier into the second pack.
    Yeah, it's nothing to worry about. Just a bit irritating really. It's why I don't usually run packs together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    Yeah, it's nothing to worry about. Just a bit irritating really. It's why I don't usually run packs together.
    well its strange because i always thought being on the pill, you'd be on at the same time each month and i'm not and it happened even before i missed a break..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma16)
    well its strange because i always thought being on the pill, you'd be on at the same time each month and i'm not and it happened even before i missed a break..
    Depends on how long you've been on it/what you're on. If you're not happy go and talk to your doctor about it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.