Turn on thread page Beta

How do I tell him I'm don't like him without hurting him!? watch

ReputationRep:
    It's got to the point now that a lad a couple of years older than me has become obsessed with me! I'm really not interested but he will not leave me alone. Today he waited at the exit of the 6th form block for ages to walk home with me and that's only the most recent thing! I can't get away from him either as he is in my tutor and our 6th form social area is tiny!

ReputationRep:
    Fortune Cookie?

Tell him your milkshakes don't bring him to your yard.

ReputationRep:
    'i am gay.'

ReputationRep:
    tell him gtfo

ReputationRep:
    just be cool homes, don't send out any "it's ON" vibes and he should get the message.. maybe stop giving him eye-contact?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carroon)
    It's got to the point now that a lad a couple of years older than me has become obsessed with me! I'm really not interested but he will not leave me alone. Today he waited at the exit of the 6th form block for ages to walk home with me and that's only the most recent thing! I can't get away from him either as he is in my tutor and our 6th form social area is tiny!
    There isn't anyway you can do it without hurting his feelings. You've just gotta grit your teeth and do it, for piece of mind if anything.

ReputationRep:
    Do what all girls do and say 'I just want to be friends' or 'I'm not ready for a relationship right now'

ReputationRep:
    If he hasn't already got the message, I think you're just going to have to tell him straight otherwise you're only going to end up hurting him more if you're leading him on (even if you're not doing it intentionally). Just say (by text/email if you're not so keen on telling him to his face - sometimes it's easier to express yourself over the internet/mobile phone anyway) that he's a nice guy but you're just not interested in a relationship with him because you don't think you're right for each other (or whatever reason).

If he keeps bugging you, then get a little firmer until he gets the message.

It's a really hard thing to do, but for your own state of mind as well as his, it has to be done.

ReputationRep:
    There isn't a nice way of putting it whatever you say your going to hurt his feelings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhubbert)
    Do what all girls do and say 'I just want to be friends' or 'I'm not ready for a relationship right now'
    The 2nd one can be a bit risque. I've tried that and the guy kept bugging me about when I would be ready for a relationship, for 6 months!!

ReputationRep:
    honestly the quicker you tell him the quicker he moves on as a guy theres nothing worse than not knowing..

ReputationRep:
    Report this creep already.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him straight and though it's mean it will give him the picture very effectively

ReputationRep:
    tell him about a guy you really fancy, even if they are imaginery!! he might soon get the hint that you have another guy you prefer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mespannerhanz)
    tell him about a guy you really fancy, even if they are imaginery!! he might soon get the hint that you have another guy you prefer!
    or think shes hinting at him...

ReputationRep:
    I would make someone up or something its just i come from a very small town/island where everyone knows everyones business so he would eventually find out and to make it worse his younger brother was in my year at school and i went to prom with him! (he dropped out)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.