Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am an international student. I am intending to apply into MA Interior and Spatial design course at Chelsea School of Art and Design this year. I know that it's a bit late but I wanna try. I have read many things good and bad about UAL and so worried about my course's quality. Does anyone who have already been in this course give me more accurate info about it? Thank you so much!

I just wanna take part in the taught course, not the research one, but at Chelsea they aren't clearly divided. That's makes me so confused. About the application form, I don't know whether I have to write study proposal (which is often just for research student, I think).

Chelsea is not the only one choice but one of my most favourite ones. I got unconditional offers from Birmingham City, Westminster and Portsmouth, and waiting for Glasgow School of Art. However, Chelsea, I think, is the best one.

Waiting for your reply, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    The MA ISD at Chelsea is very highly regarded and everyone I know who has done it thinks it is amazing. Be prepared though - it is very conceptual and academic - as all the ISD courses are at Chelsea. Its a great campus. However if you get into Glasgow then take it - the Scottish universities are the best in the UK - believe me - you wont get any better. It also does depend where you are coming from and what you intend to do afterwards as in a lot of countries going to Chelsea / CSM will get you a job back home fairly easily.

ReputationRep:
    MA in Interior design WTF ?

ReputationRep:
    You have obviously been watching too many TV programmes and have no idea what Interior and Spatial Design is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kibera)
    The MA ISD at Chelsea is very highly regarded and everyone I know who has done it thinks it is amazing. Be prepared though - it is very conceptual and academic - as all the ISD courses are at Chelsea. Its a great campus. However if you get into Glasgow then take it - the Scottish universities are the best in the UK - believe me - you wont get any better. It also does depend where you are coming from and what you intend to do afterwards as in a lot of countries going to Chelsea / CSM will get you a job back home fairly easily.
    Thank you for your useful comment Kibera. I have just got the unconditional offer from Glasgow School of Art. It's really great and I nearly decide to go there this year. However there are some points which make me feel worried.

Firstly, is the Glasgow city the good place for studying Design? (I am waiting for the scholarship result from Uni of Westminster. I know it's undoubtedly not as good as GSA but it's in London where I am sure that I can learn many things outside the school)

Secondly, is it easy to get the visa to the rest European countries in Glasgow? Or I have to go to London before going anywhere? (which will make the trip very expensive) I am just able to spend 1 year in UK for the MA course, so I want to learn more from the voyages and this is my only one chance.

I am so confused so I need your advices. Thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    Hi There

I know this forum is old but I dint find a new one for MA ISD at Chelsea and though I could get some advice here. I have got an offer from Chelsea and dont know if its worth it ? Ive got offers from Westminster (MA Interior design) , kingston (MA Design Product+space) and Hertfordshire (MA ISD)

Im totally confused about which uni. Chelsea I heard is very academic and conceptual. Dont know about the rest.

any Advice ?
    Pls

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
University of the Arts London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.