Turn on thread page Beta

Phobias watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of pigeons and escalators. They're not phobias as such - I usually manage to keep them under control. Thankfully, I have never met a pigeon on an escalator; if I had it might be a different story altogether.

Anyone else got any strange phobias?

ReputationRep:
    I have a terminal fear of jam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    I'm scared of pigeons and escalators. They're not phobias as such - I usually manage to keep them under control. Thankfully, I have never met a pigeon on an escalator; if I had it might be a different story altogether.

Losing in any sport against Sedbergh or Ampleforth. I hope thats strange enough for you.

ReputationRep:
    um.. large insects, moths, daddylong legs.
    sometimes heights but im not that bad.
    i dont really have any weird phobias.

ReputationRep:

Kinda castraphobic.....dont like to be enclosed in small places...
    thats bout it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    I have a terminal fear of jam.
    Any specific type?

ReputationRep:
    ooo, im scrared of prawns! My m8s think thats a bit strange!

ReputationRep:

escalators
    snakes
    heights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    Any specific type?
    Strawberry (and, to a lesser extent, raspberry).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    escalators
    snakes
    heights
    You're scared of escalators too?! A kindred spirit... perhaps it's not that strange after all!

ReputationRep:
    You're scared of escalators too?! A kindred spirit... perhaps it's not that strange after all!
    my nans mum was the same

i just dont like the height they go and incase they fall back or incase any of you clothes get caught in them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Strawberry (and, to a lesser extent, raspberry).
    Yes, raspberry never was quite as fearful as strawberry. It often tried, but never could quite succeed.

ReputationRep:
    my nans mum was the same

i just dont like the height they go and incase they fall back or incase any of you clothes get caught in them
    My dad used to tell me that if I didn't get off them in time I would get sucked under. I think that's where it comes from. I'm still a bit wary of the fact that the edges of the steps look like they have teeth.

ReputationRep:
    My dad used to tell me that if I didn't get off them in time I would get sucked under. I think that's where it comes from. I'm still a bit wary of the fact that the edges of the steps look like they have teeth.
    have you heard about that woman who was wearing a necklace got caught in the escalators years ago.She leaned down to tie her lace and her necklace got caugt and she nearly died because she nearly choked to death

ReputationRep:
    have you heard about that woman who was wearing a necklace got caught in the escalators years ago.She leaned down to tie her lace and her necklace got caugt and she nearly died because she nearly choked to death
    Argh! This is doing my fear no good at all. Well, at least she didn't get pecked to death by pigeons. Could be worse.

ReputationRep:
    Argh! This is doing my fear no good at all. Well, at least she didn't get pecked to death by pigeons. Could be worse.
    never watch the birds by alfred hitchcock were they peck your eyes out.

ReputationRep:
    Terrified of fish! Especially those with wiskers! I can't walk around garden centres anymore because I'd cry if I saw one of those ones that suck their faces against the glass! Anything with tenticles really, prawns, hermit crabs, jellyfish! Its a proper phobia as well, got its own name!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    Terrified of fish! Especially those with wiskers! I can't walk around garden centres anymore because I'd cry if I saw one of those ones that suck their faces against the glass! Anything with tenticles really, prawns, hermit crabs, jellyfish! Its a proper phobia as well, got its own name!!
    when i went to an aquarium this cat fish kept following me everywere for some bizarre reason and everytime i left the room he would just glare at me.Strange i know

ReputationRep:
    I HATE maybugs!

They're so loud and fat and disgusting and arbitrary in their landing habits. :mad:

Adam

ReputationRep:
    never watch the birds by alfred hitchcock were they peck your eyes out.
    You'll probably think I'm even stranger now, but The Birds is one of my favourite films! I like films that have a big effect on my emotions (including scaring the crap out of me!). Can't watch it too often though.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.