This discussion is closed.
lumpycustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oh yea, and i am scared of fatty bacon. i cant eat it unless it is burnt also to cremation!

wen i was 7 i choked on a peice that was 'normal' and cudnt breathe for up to 5 minutes, i had gone blue and had to be upside down and hard squeezes in my tummy area to get it up!

i dont even like bacon near me unless burnt hehehe poor piggywinkle
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
death, spiders, bugs snakes sharks etc
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have a ridiculous fear of earthworms. They may seem harmless but noooo....

I hate the way they move and their body texture and seeing a whole load of them in a vat makes me .a..ajrhkj <got funny wiggly feelings all down her legs>. I think there's a proper name for it, as there is for most things.

I think it's because when I was smaller I saw one, really quite big one, and a car drove over it and its pieces flew everywhere and i've been terrified of them exploding on me ever since.

I would really like to help in the garden when planting things but I just can't stand the possibility of coming across one. ik.
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
helminthophobia or scoleciphobia or vermiphbia, apparently. But that's just worm. I'm not scared of body worms, just earth worms. yuk.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Clowns, the type whom have firey red hair, and a really dark red nose, with enough white powder on their face to make Casper look tanned.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Trousers)
I'm scared of pigeons and escalators. They're not phobias as such - I usually manage to keep them under control. Thankfully, I have never met a pigeon on an escalator; if I had it might be a different story altogether.

Anyone else got any strange phobias?
Well no, i rationalise things whenever i feel fear, so they become less fearful, so that any phobia's i may have without knowing would dissapear, because i would have reasoned them away.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The Detonator at Thorpe Park I hate the feeling of being stuck up so high and not being in control, I'm not the biggest fan of flying either. But I like scary rides... I also can't go in lifts I prefer to run up the stairs and try and beat it... God I'm weird
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
The Detonator at Thorpe Park I hate the feeling of being stuck up so high and not being in control, I'm not the biggest fan of flying either. But I like scary rides... I also can't go in lifts I prefer to run up the stairs and try and beat it... God I'm weird
Oh damn! That reminds me of the only thing i do still remotely have a phobia about. Those moving stair thingies. I saw a movie once where this girl fell over on one of these, and got her necklace caught in the side of it, and it was cutting of the circulation and air to her head and stuff, and that really freaked me out.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
I hate not being in control.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Clowns, the type whom have firey red hair, and a really dark red nose, with enough white powder on their face to make Casper look tanned.
This post really offended me, seriously my hair is apparently 'on fire' according to some stupid guy at school who feels it necessary to tell me this at least twice a day, therefore my hair must be firey, hehehe. And my skin is pretty white seen as I am incapable of getting a tan... lol, I don't have a red nose though.

it (as in that IT clown) scares me.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
This post really offended me, seriously my hair is apparently 'on fire' according to some stupid guy at school who feels it necessary to tell me this at least twice a day, therefore my hair must be firey, hehehe. And my skin is pretty white seen as I am incapable of getting a tan... lol, I don't have a red nose though.

it (as in that IT clown) scares me.
I don't mean people with red hair, hence why the post said CLOWNS!!! Not people. I also said it was a range of factors that work collectively to produce the undesired word that I call CLOWN.

So unless you have a fiery red afro coloured wig, wear a weird looking suite with a cross stitch design with a flower that shoots water, and have a big red plastic nose, and lots of white powder on your face, I dont see the need to take offence.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
I don't mean people with red hair, hence why the post said CLOWNS!!! Not people. I also said it was a range of factors that work collectively to produce the undesired word that I call CLOWN.

So unless you have a fiery red afro coloured wig, wear a weird looking suite with a cross stitch design with a flower that shoots water, and have a big red plastic nose, and lots of white powder on your face, I dont see the need to take offence.
So clowns aren't people now?
Isn't that rather offensive to clowns.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
So clowns aren't people now?
Isn't that rather offensive to clowns.
hahaha - that's a great post.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
hahaha - that's a great post.
Its true though.
Its despicable that someone can be so offensive to clowns like that.
I mean, all it is, is a job. It doesn't make them any less of a person being a clown.
This sort of discrimination HAS to stop.
How can we be seen to live in a society with equal opportunities for all when clowns are discriminated so strongly against.
It makes me sad that people, in this day in age, can still take this sort of archaic attitude towards clowns.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Its true though.
Its despicable that someone can be so offensive to clowns like that.
I mean, all it is, is a job. It doesn't make them any less of a person being a clown.
This sort of discrimination HAS to stop.
How can we be seen to live in a society with equal opportunities for all when clowns are discriminated so strongly against.
It makes me sad that people, in this day in age, can still take this sort of archaic attitude towards clowns.
I would give you rep for that, but I already gave you some for the other post.

Hahaha
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
I would give you rep for that, but I already gave you some for the other post.

Hahaha
:mad:
It isn't an issue to smile about.
Do you realise how many clowns are treated like this by people with these sorts of attitudes.
To be honest, i just don't understand how people can treat fellow human beings like this. I mean, i don't go around discriminating against bus drivers just because i don't like their job. Why should it be any different with clowns.

Sorry, but i have to go now. I need some time to cool down. I don't want to go over the top on this issue...
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm afraid of talking on the telephone (although I do get over it when necessary - some prat at work gave me voicemail and showed me how to divert all calls to it so now I'm able to put off vocal contact permanently).

I'm scared of falling (not heights) I get scared that Im going to fall over pretty much all the time and end up walking like a complete muppet trying to keep my balance.

I'm scared that one day I'll crash my car just to see what it feels like.

I'm afraid that one day I'll be found out (and everyone will realise that I'm not an adult I'm a 7 yr old girl trapped in an adults body).

I'm paranoid about doing something insanely stupid (like leaving the front door wide open all day, leaving the oven on all night, leaving the George Foreman grill on all night - all things I've done more than once) and destroying my house.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
I'm afraid of talking on the telephone (although I do get over it when necessary - some prat at work gave me voicemail and showed me how to divert all calls to it so now I'm able to put off vocal contact permanently).

I'm scared of falling (not heights) I get scared that Im going to fall over pretty much all the time and end up walking like a complete muppet trying to keep my balance.

I'm scared that one day I'll crash my car just to see what it feels like.

I'm afraid that one day I'll be found out (and everyone will realise that I'm not an adult I'm a 7 yr old girl trapped in an adults body).

I'm paranoid about doing something insanely stupid (like leaving the front door wide open all day, leaving the oven on all night, leaving the George Foreman grill on all night - all things I've done more than once) and destroying my house.
ouch!
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Oh my God. I do exactly the same thing. I think that's partly why I'm scared of escalators, because if I fell over on one of them it would be oh-so-much worse.

I'm particularly bad when it's icy, as I'm petrified of slipping over. It takes me at least twice as long as normal to get anywhere in these conditions. When it snowed a couple of weeks ago I was creeping along like a fool, clinging on to walls and getting overtaken by pensioners!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im like pencil queen in that i get weird about things like leavin the door open or not turning off my hair straightners. last month i walked a whole 15 minutes then forgot whether i chut the front door or not. i was that paranoid i hadnt i went back to check it. (enivetably missin my bus and being late!)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (218)
68.13%
No (102)
31.88%

Watched Threads