This discussion is closed.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Trousers)
Oh my God. I do exactly the same thing. I think that's partly why I'm scared of escalators, because if I fell over on one of them it would be oh-so-much worse.

I'm particularly bad when it's icy, as I'm petrified of slipping over. It takes me at least twice as long as normal to get anywhere in these conditions. When it snowed a couple of weeks ago I was creeping along like a fool, clinging on to walls and getting overtaken by pensioners!
It's why I get jumpy around heights - not because I don't like being up high but because I know how bloody clumsy I am (and I assume that the nutters who go leaning over the edge are as bad as me).
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
im like pencil queen in that i get weird about things like leavin the door open or not turning off my hair straightners. last month i walked a whole 15 minutes then forgot whether i chut the front door or not. i was that paranoid i hadnt i went back to check it. (enivetably missin my bus and being late!)
The thing is when I get paranoid I've always done it - it's the days where I pootle along happy as larry and then get back home at 7pm to find I've left the door open all day or when I wake up in the morning and wonder what the burning smell is and realise the oven has been blasting away all night :rolleyes:
lumpycustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
The thing is when I get paranoid I've always done it - it's the days where I pootle along happy as larry and then get back home at 7pm to find I've left the door open all day or when I wake up in the morning and wonder what the burning smell is and realise the oven has been blasting away all night :rolleyes:
lol exactly the same with me! wen i go to check it its fine. i dont go to check and it... ooh... would u believe it!
woody
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm terrified of all sorts I don't know how I leave the house in the morning!

1. Spiders- its awful i'm the worst person I know at it, i get paralysed.
2. Being shot walking down the street.
3. Someone bursting into a room and shooting me.
4. Thunder and lighting.
5. Dogs

to name just a few!
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I tend to freak out in large crowds of people, and I hate cities at night time. I also haaaaaaaaaaate polystyrene! The squeaky noise it makes... aaargh!

I know some people who have a genuine phobia of foam (not the squirty stuff, more solid foam).
woody
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Some u mean more than one!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i suffer bad chlostrophobia and i do not go in lifts. ever.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by woody)
Some u mean more than one!

Yes, two at the last count... They hate the feel of it - it freaks them out.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i suffer bad chlostrophobia and i do not go in lifts. ever.
Lifts *shudders* I can't stand going in them, what if it breaks? What if it stops or the cable thing breaks and crashes down? On my last holiday I had to go in a lift and all these people were walking towards the lift asking me to hold it for them I just kept pushing the button to close the doors because I was scared the lift would break... the other people in the lift found it funny but I was really scared. Enclosed spaces *shakes head*...
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
Lifts *shudders* I can't stand going in them, what if it breaks? What if it stops or the cable thing breaks and crashes down? On my last holiday I had to go in a lift and all these people were walking towards the lift asking me to hold it for them I just kept pushing the button to close the doors because I was scared the lift would break... the other people in the lift found it funny but I was really scared. Enclosed spaces *shakes head*...
i no its horrible aint it!? one time my 2 mates didnt realise how bad i was and dragged me in a lift. it was only to the next floor but i had the shakes and was sweating and everything. i felt dizzy and could not stand up for about 10minutes after. i had bad dreams for weeks after. i am as bad as that.

i dont mind bein in a crowd like at a outdoor gig as i can look up to the sjy wen u feel weird. i only get funny if in a room with lots of people or in a small room.
Agent-Orange
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
clowns and dolls are the worst things i hate them because the pale faces and the eyes.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i no its horrible aint it!? one time my 2 mates didnt realise how bad i was and dragged me in a lift. it was only to the next floor but i had the shakes and was sweating and everything. i felt dizzy and could not stand up for about 10minutes after. i had bad dreams for weeks after. i am as bad as that.

i dont mind bein in a crowd like at a outdoor gig as i can look up to the sjy wen u feel weird. i only get funny if in a room with lots of people or in a small room.
Yeh, the main things for me are lifts and planes... I force myself to fly though cos I like going to different places. I think it's the being stuck thing, not in control and if something goes wrong I can't control it...
Agent-Orange
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i dont mind planes and that but i understand about not being able to do something if there is a problem
Optimist
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
One thing that I am completely afraid of is being trapped. I mean not just confined spaces but in everyday normal life. I sometimes don't like wearing clothes because they are too tight and I feel trapped. I guess its just that theres so many different things that I have yet to do and I panic because if I was trapped then I might not be able to get free and do those things that I want to do.

Well anyway enough of my ramblings lol Just thought that I would share....
Agent-Orange
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i would hate to be buried alive
Optimist
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Agent-Orange)
i would hate to be buried alive
Did anyone watch I'm a celebrity...When that woman (Jennie?) had to stay underground for ten minutes with rats crawling over her and water? :eek: :eek:
gwirion
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've got really weird phobias, well I'm not sure if you'd call them phobias though.

I get really paranoid....

Scared that I've forgoten to lock the door etc...

Like Lumpy Custard I hate going up stairs (down stairs is okay though) but I jus have to run up them and I have to miss a step every time i go up...also leaving my bedroom to go to the toilet in the middle of the night....*shivers*..

Polystyrene - nooooooooooo!! I know it sounds weird but I feel sick if someone touches the stuff, when they handle it I have to leg it out of the room...I know, I'm weird...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
31.82%
No (13)
59.09%
Don't know (2)
9.09%

Watched Threads