Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please help with my English Language Investigation coursework! watch

ReputationRep:
    Right so I finally now decided what my topic is (I've been off school so I've only just been given it now). I'm looking at 3 different books for different age groups - 'The Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark' for young children, 'Twilight' for teenagers, and 'Deception Point' for adults. I'm crap at writing titles for essays. Can anyone a) give me an idea for the essay title and b) give me any pointers on what I could write about and just a list of general things I need to include!? I have limited time and about a billion pieces of work to do since I've been off for so long! also what theorists could I look at? I know there's like language & power, language & gender..if anyone gets bored and feels like writing the whole thing for me that'd be great..joooooooking! But seriously please help me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellasoph)
    Right so I finally now decided what my topic is (I've been off school so I've only just been given it now). I'm looking at 3 different books for different age groups - 'The Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark' for young children, 'Twilight' for teenagers, and 'Deception Point' for adults. I'm crap at writing titles for essays. Can anyone a) give me an idea for the essay title and b) give me any pointers on what I could write about and just a list of general things I need to include!? I have limited time and about a billion pieces of work to do since I've been off for so long! also what theorists could I look at? I know there's like language & power, language & gender..if anyone gets bored and feels like writing the whole thing for me that'd be great..joooooooking! But seriously please help me
    Textbook? It's all in there, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by merkatron)
    Textbook? It's all in there, isn't it?
    We don't have a proper textbook we just have workbooks and sheets of revision but I want something more than just the basics and with me not having been in college recently I'm so behind!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.