Turn on thread page Beta

Evening all,

For the past few months, I've not been well, however I have begun to get better, but v v slowly. I was referred to two Consultants: Gastro and Cardio. The Gastric consultant couldn't find anything wrong, and put it down to a nasty viral infection I caught. Today I saw the Cardio. man, where I was given a ECG, and Electrocardiogram. Both of those were fine. However whilst I was with the consultant, I completely forgot to tell him that I am still experiencing odd pains in my chest. (After waiting since Dec for the app. I was just v pleased today had arrived, and completely forgot to reel off everything that had been going on since I had not been well since Oct/Nov '10. After I left I thought ''****, I forgot to mention such and such'', and I feel like perhaps today was a complete waste of time, because I didn't reel off everything I have been experiencing, purely because the symptoms have just been too much. I told him ''I am feeling better'', when yes I am feeling better than last year, just not 110%.

I informed my mum and she was like '':rolleyes:, why on earth didn't you mention everything?'' I completely forgot! :/ Now im sat here and the pain is bothering me (it seems to bother me more @ night time), but I can't exactly go running back to the Dr with it or the Consultant. So I don't quite know what to do. I have a Dr app. next month, for a follow up app of blood tests and etc, so I was thinking perhaps I should mention my **** up then and see what the Dr says.

I feel like such an idiot, after waiting soooo long for this appointment.

Anybody?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anybody?
    Why can't you go back to the doctor or whoever and tell them what happened and what you're feeling? If you're worried about your health then just go back to the doctors sooner rather than later.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.