Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone on here ever done an Extended Project on something based on civil engineering? If so what was it as i am lost for ideas as to what to specify mine on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypinder)
    Has anyone on here ever done an Extended Project on something based on civil engineering? If so what was it as i am lost for ideas as to what to specify mine on.
    Hi what did you end up doing for your extended project?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac99)
    Hi what did you end up doing for your extended project?
    Hi there,

I ended up doing one on how do planes get into the sky, and what keeps them there. I thought within this project i could look into the engineering of a plane and apply it to a practical situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypinder)
    Hi there,

I ended up doing one on how do planes get into the sky, and what keeps them there. I thought within this project i could look into the engineering of a plane and apply it to a practical situation.
    Hi,

I want to do a Civil Engineering extended project on building structures which could withstand natural disasters, but I'm just curious, how are you structuring your project (if you don't mind me asking)?

I'm just unsure of how to structure the whole project (it hasn't actually been explained to me) and obviously I am unable to do research as I don't have the means to do so, so I'm not really sure how to do the project, as I want it to be designs that I myself have come up with, rather than just writing about what others have designed (although this would obviously be included).

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    I will be doing mine on something like geometry in engineering, any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitman10ten)
    I will be doing mine on something like geometry in engineering, any thoughts?
    What do you mean by that?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 1, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.