Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Stress fracture (possibly talus)???? watch

For the past few weeks I've had a 'funny pain' in my front of foot/ankle in the arch/talus area. The pain mainly comes once i rest it after a walk, and it is really painful after a run, however I don't feel it while i actually do the exercise. It's also really painful as soon as I wake up in the morning then usually subsides after about 20-30 min. The worst though is at night when I got to bed, as soon as i lie down I feel a sharp funny pain in the area and at the back of my calf and in my thigh, but it mainly radiates from the ankle/talus area. It also clicks when i make circles with my toes/foot (which feels really nice for about 30 seconds after the click).
    I've had a look around the web and it seems I might have an acute talus fracture but I'm not sure. Anyone have any idea what it is, and apart from RICE is there anything i can do to help heal the pain?

Edit: wrong forum, sorry!
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.