Turn on thread page Beta

Does listening to grime turn you stupid? watch

ReputationRep:
    Does listening to grime turn you stupid?
    I have never met anyone who is not a chav with no brains that listens to grime.

Discuss

ReputationRep:
    What is stuipid? Is it some kind of seafood..?:bebored:

ReputationRep:
    Oh no you didn't!

NEXT HYPE!

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy grime.

I'm not a chav.

I'm not stupid.

Its not my favourite genre but I enjoy it every now and then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rory :))
    Does listening to grime turn your stuipid?

Discuss
    Probably since it affects your spelling

ReputationRep:
    I listen to grime, and none of the 'mainstream' grime stuff. I still listen to songs made by teenagers in 2006-2007 purely about stabbing and robbing people, and I'm a Law student at the University of Birmingham, and I've got good A Levels and GCSEs (no bragging).

HOWEVER, after watching an episode of the Westwood show on Flava, I did feel like a retard for 10 minutes and I couldn't think of some words. I think that's more to do with TV slowing people down anyway and the dumb dumbs shown on screen.

*Kanye shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    I enjoy grime.

I'm not a chav.

I'm not stupid.

Its not my favourite genre but I enjoy it every now and then.
    This but I think it might be on par with my favorite genre. And tbh I think it makes me think more about life that the lyrics of pop songs do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    This but I think it might be on par with my favorite genre. And tbh I think it makes me think more about life that the lyrics of pop songs do.
    I only listen to the underground/less popular artists cos the mainstream ones are basically pop singers now :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    I only listen to the underground/less popular artists cos the mainstream ones are basically pop singers now :facepalm:
    Yeah, I know like I listen to some songs and I just think to myself what the hell, like that track dizzee rascal did a while ago called bonkers or something I don't even know what sort of drugs he was under when he made that but I can say it must have been some very heavy drugs.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that the people who can spell and write in proper sentences never create the topics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    Yeah, I know like I listen to some songs and I just think to myself what the hell, like that track dizzee rascal did a while ago called bonkers or something I don't even know what sort of drugs he was under when he made that but I can say it must have been some very heavy drugs.
    I used to like Dizzee before he went mainstream.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think so, it just seems to attract stupid people, I'm not a fan but I must admit some of it is pretty good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picnic1)
    Why is it that the people who can spell and write in proper sentences never create the topics?
    Sorry was listening to my main fellow giggs

ReputationRep:
    You won't get none of those CD's back.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry was listening to my main fellow giggs
    Look what the cat dragged in.
    *Giggs

ReputationRep:
    Also, grime doesn't really exist anymore. Forget Pow 2011, bring back Pow 2004 aka Foward Riddim

ReputationRep:
    Again?? Being mainstream doesnt mean the songs get ****ter, just appeal to a wider/different audience.

Im a Kano man through and through :P

(Original post by Superstar6318)
    Also, grime doesn't really exist anymore. Forget Pow 2011, bring back Pow 2004 aka Foward Riddim
    Its just Chipmunk that annoys me in the new one. Also ironically pow 04 just came up on itunes :P

ReputationRep:
    Does listening to grime turn your stupid?

Discuss
    No.
    I've met plenty of people who are not chavs with no brains who listen to grime. I am one. Hi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    I listen to grime, and none of the 'mainstream' grime stuff. I still listen to songs made by teenagers in 2006-2007 purely about stabbing and robbing people, and I'm a Law student at the University of Birmingham, and I've got good A Levels and GCSEs (no bragging).

HOWEVER, after watching an episode of the Westwood show on Flava, I did feel like a retard for 10 minutes and I couldn't think of some words. I think that's more to do with TV slowing people down anyway and the dumb dumbs shown on screen.

*Kanye shrugs*
    Do you listen to Crooked I?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_90)
    Do you listen to Crooked I?
    Not really. I liked some of his Hip Hop Weekly Reloaded leaks, but I've not downloaded the whole series because I cba to sign up to datpiff (or some other mixtape site). I listen to Slaughterhouse more than him.

Why do you ask?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.