Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, i've been accepted to study spanish in September and was wondering if anybody had any good ideas as to how i could improve my spanish/gain any sort of extra qualifications during the summer. i find that it helps to speak or at least think in spanish everyday. im not quite sure how to spend my summer. any suggestions of courses or anything i could do? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Travel there?

I worked in Barcelona as a waiter for three months before going to university to study Spanish. I regret going to Barcelona though as I spoke Catalan 80% of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanishdream)
    Travel there?

I worked in Barcelona as a waiter for three months before going to university to study Spanish. I regret going to Barcelona though as I spoke Catalan 80% of the time.
    how did u go about doing that? did u just get up and go one day or was there a bunch of planning involved? i realise how utterly clueless i sound but unfortunatley i am i found the same in Barcelona mind, beautiful city though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danii40)
    hey guys, i've been accepted to study spanish in September and was wondering if anybody had any good ideas as to how i could improve my spanish/gain any sort of extra qualifications during the summer. i find that it helps to speak or at least think in spanish everyday. im not quite sure how to spend my summer. any suggestions of courses or anything i could do? thanks
    i lived in spain for 3 and a half years and moved back in 2007 and have found that since i didnt keep up with it i have lost alot of my spanish vocab but really want to get it back up maybe even become fluent (that would be great) so how are you going about then?
    =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noj2202)
    i lived in spain for 3 and a half years and moved back in 2007 and have found that since i didnt keep up with it i have lost alot of my spanish vocab but really want to get it back up maybe even become fluent (that would be great) so how are you going about then?
    =]
    well i've been looking at teaching english in spain for a few months during the summer. there's loads of websites that you can do it through. you live with a spanish family and teach their children english for 15 hours a week. of all the reviews most people have said that living with a spanish family has helped them no end in learning spanish and integrating into spanish society. what part of spain did you live in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danii40)
    well i've been looking at teaching english in spain for a few months during the summer. there's loads of websites that you can do it through. you live with a spanish family and teach their children english for 15 hours a week. of all the reviews most people have said that living with a spanish family has helped them no end in learning spanish and integrating into spanish society. what part of spain did you live in?
    campo mijas on the costa del sol. thats comforting except i imagine you would have to be rather good at spanish first off just to make conversation.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.