Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I tend not to order cocktails, as most places serve foofy modern cocktails made with vodka and too much fruit juice. Usually far too sweet for my liking too. I have a well stocked bar at home and make cocktails myself; I'm more of the classic 1920s school of bartending. My signature cocktail is probably a Gibson Martini (gin, dry vermouth garnished with a cocktail onion), a Rob Roy (scotch whisky, sweet red vermouth, Angostura bitters) or an Aviation (gin, maraschino, lemon juice, crème de violette, garnished with a maraschino cherry).

(Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    Suck, Bang & Blow!

1 oz Jacquin's® orange flavored gin
    1 oz Rumple Minze® peppermint liqueur
    2 oz Goldschlager® cinnamon schnapps
    1 oz Jagermeister® herbal liqueur
    3 oz Jose Cuervo® Especial gold tequila
    1 oz Hpnotiq® liqueur
    1 oz Smirnoff® vodka
    1 oz Absolut® Citron vodka
    1 oz Aristocrat® triple sec
    1 peeled, whole lime
    5 oz strawberry daiquiri mix
    2 cups cranberry juice
    1 cup sugar

Add all ingredients to a blender with ice, and blend until smooth. Pour into a hurricane glass, and serve.

:sexface:
    Perfect example of the kind of cocktail I really dislike. Far too fussy, too many ingredients (especially ones just to make it more alcoholic), too fruity, too sweet. Not to mention that flavoured vodkas are a massive cop-out IMHO :p:

ReputationRep:
    mojitos and cosmopolitans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreakyStyley)
    Or if you're from Lancashire it's Sass.. don't ask me why, wouldn't see that as a cocktail though, just like cider and black isn't.

Anyway for me White Russian and Mudslide are pretty tasty..
    Ahem. Diesel/Snakebite & Black is more than one alcoholic beverage combined together in a glass with a non-alcoholic mixer.

How is it not a cocktail? Just because it doesn't come in a fancy glass or have a pretentious name? That's discrimination :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Either an Appletini or an Amaretto Sour ... yummy!

ReputationRep:
    lager and lime

ReputationRep:
    Sex on the Beach, Skittles, Cosmos, Pina Colada, and Ultra Violet
    Not all at once, of course...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    Ahem. Diesel/Snakebite & Black is more than one alcoholic beverage combined together in a glass with a non-alcoholic mixer.

How is it not a cocktail? Just because it doesn't come in a fancy glass or have a pretentious name? That's discrimination :mad:
    Perhaps one is a drink's snob ha. I just don't think you should drink cocktail's from a pint glass, there's something not quite right..

I don't know what you'd class it as though so I guess you would be correct!

ReputationRep:
    I love Pina Colladas BUT, another one is a 'Screaming Orgasm'.

Why?

Because it's so damn good.... o.O

ReputationRep:
    sex on the beach normally but when out with 1 friend who im very close to we always have a fuzzy duck together (obviously a drink each though, not sharing the same one). this is because the first thing she said to me was "you have to try this, its beautiful" and has sort of become "our drink" in a way.

if im in one of the clubs i go to i usually have something blue or green (not sure what they are called, i usually just ask them to make me something nice and they do but for halloween in there i had 2 very awesome cocktails called frankensteins brains (manky green colour but tasted good) and had draculas blood which we then mixed together and was beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I tend not to order cocktails, as most places serve foofy modern cocktails made with vodka and too much fruit juice. Usually far too sweet for my liking too. I have a well stocked bar at home and make cocktails myself; I'm more of the classic 1920s school of bartending. My signature cocktail is probably a Gibson Martini (gin, dry vermouth garnished with a cocktail onion), a Rob Roy (scotch whisky, sweet red vermouth, Angostura bitters) or an Aviation (gin, maraschino, lemon juice, crème de violette, garnished with a maraschino cherry).

Perfect example of the kind of cocktail I really dislike. Far too fussy, too many ingredients (especially ones just to make it more alcoholic), too fruity, too sweet. Not to mention that flavoured vodkas are a massive cop-out IMHO :p:
    Drink a few of them and tell me what is was like during the coma!

ReputationRep:
    Bolivian Mojito
    Amaretto Sour

ReputationRep:
    Margarita on the rock rock rocks with the salt all around the rim rim rim rim rim

ReputationRep:
    White Russian! Always White Russian!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    Drink a few of them and tell me what is was like during the coma!
    That's not convincing me that your drink is a good cocktail :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    What is Woo Woo?
    Vodka, Peach schnapps, cranberry juic
    yummmm

ReputationRep:
    Sex on the beach
    Screaming orgasm

ReputationRep:
    I used to work on a very good, very expensive bar and that was my introduction to cocktails, so the **** in jugs that some places pass off as cocktails offend me a bit!

I love breakfast martinis (gin, lemon juice, marmalade) more than life itself, and I'm also quite partial to a manhattan when the mood strikes!

ReputationRep:
    All different sorts of mojitos e.g. jungle mojito, strawberry and ginger beer, peach and vanilla and the rest of these are lush!

I also usually get woo woos, strawberry daiquiris, mudslides, anything else that's got Baileys in it etc.

ReputationRep:
    Woo woo, purple rain, sex on the beach, pina colada. Mmm.

ReputationRep:
    Texas tea
    mojito
    cosmopolitan
    raspberry margarita

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.