Turn on thread page Beta

Cocktails that *you* personally order watch

ReputationRep:
    None - this is NI, after all.

(Original post by U.S Lecce)
    What do you mean?
    To be a "mixologist".

ReputationRep:
    Mojito, Long Island Ice tea or a pitcher of Woo Woo if I'm at spoons. Standard drink plus mixer is SoCo and Lemonade or Havana Club and Coke.

So ya know :P

ReputationRep:
    Mojito & Caipirinha are my standards, but I am partial to a nice martini or a bay breeze depending upon mood.

ReputationRep:
    cocktails at font bar <3

cosmopolitan
    sex on the beach
    woo woo
    pink floyd
    smoke on the water

yes please!
    this has just made me want one right now!

ReputationRep:
    CAESAR!!
    Jerimiah Weed Sweet Tea
    Long Island Iced Tea (made with actual ice tea)
    Tokyo Iced Tea
    Seabreeze
    Alabama Slammer
    Singapore Sling
    Tequila Sunrise
    Sex on the Beach
    Mai Tai
    Mimosa
    Sangría
    Strawberry Margarita
    Woo-Woo
    Purple Rain
    Lynchburgh Lemonade
    Strawberry Daquiri
    Banana Daquiri
    Piña Colada
    Bellini

ReputationRep:
    Mojito all the way!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't order cocktails that often but am partial to a strawberry margherita or a blue lagoon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    To be a "mixologist".
    Started learning when I was 16 in a local hotel. But I could only prepare drinks in the restaurant an function suite because I wasn't old enough to serve directly. Then when I turned 18 I got a bar job in a Brazillian cocktail bar and was taught how to mix properly by the staff. Been doing it ever since up until I quit just before Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    I like ordering a woo woo... also had one that had coca cola and whisky in it that was quite nice but can't remember what it was called...!

(Original post by U.S Lecce)
    Started learning when I was 16 in a local hotel. But I could only prepare drinks in the restaurant an function suite because I wasn't old enough to serve directly. Then when I turned 18 I got a bar job in a Brazillian cocktail bar and was taught how to mix properly by the staff. Been doing it ever since up until I quit just before Christmas.
    Awesome! So, what can I do in order to get that type of job? Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    With two of my drinking buddies we just make our way through most of the cocktail pitchers in Spoons once every few weeks.
    Marzipan is my favorite I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Awesome! So, what can I do in order to get that type of job? Any advice?
    Yeah it's not hard really. Just apply for bar jobs preferably in "trendy" bars, because they tend to be the one that do cocktails. Obviously the average local won't really do them. Don't worry if you don't have any experience working behind the bar, most places will give you a trial shift and providing you can do the basics I.e pour a pint, makes a basic mix (vodka coke etc) and do basic coffees (which they'll probably teach you on your first shift) then you'll be fine.

Also the catering business is really informal. It's not like applying for a job in a franchise or supermarket etc. There's no interview process you have to go through or anything. It's basically you hand in your cv to the manager or whoever they'll probably have a little chat with you then invite you for a trial shift if they have any jobs going.

Also don't be afraid to ask for help on the job. No doubt when you first start you'll be thrown in the deep end, which might get a bit much. But if you don't say anything to anyone then they'll just assume you can handle it, so be vocal everyone is usually willing to help because they've all been the new guy once. The amount of times I've seen people walk out on their first shift or in some cases start crying because it was too much for then is unreal. Communication is key when working in a busy bar with 1 hundred people waiting to be served and only 4 or 5 serving.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a sucker for a sex on the beach

ReputationRep:
    June Bug/Dune Bug .. so under-rated!

Pina Coladas are also a favourite

ReputationRep:
    Only really drink cocktails at the one pub where I know the barman, Pina colada (pitchers for £11...) and Baileys cocktail (or just straight baileys but then go through a bottle each....) but will generally just ask the barman to make something interesting with whatever he has...we then amuse ourselves watching him stagger about the bar trying to find all the spirits and throwing ice around.

Works out pretty good value as well

ReputationRep:
    Squashed frog - to be honest I have no idea what's in it but it tastes amazing!

Minty special - we get them in a nightclub in my town and they're really good. But they're called after the guy that invented them who works in
    the nightclub. So unless you're ever in Ireland you havn't much of a chance of getting your hands on one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awnyeah)
    Squashed frog - to be honest I have no idea what's in it but it tastes amazing!

Minty special - we get them in a nightclub in my town and they're really good. But they're called after the guy that invented them who works in
    the nightclub. So unless you're ever in Ireland you havn't much of a chance of getting your hands on one!
    Here's a recipe for a Squashed Frog in case you ever want to mix one:

mix together 25ml of advocaat and 25ml midori and put into a shot glass then add a spot of grenadine.

The grenadine should sink to the bottom to look like blood

ReputationRep:
    Woo Woo makes my night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princess_Emma)
    cocktails at font bar <3
    They suck, you get what you pay for really (which is a cheap, badly made cocktail...)

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.