Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have recieved offers from Teesside and Manchester MET for Computer Games Design courses, I'm currently waiting for a reply from Staffordshire Uni (Stafford campus) for the same course.

I have picked my insurance as Wolverhampton for Games Design since they are offering me less UCAS points but I can't decide on Teesside or Staffs for my first choice.

Can anyone offer any insite on what the Uni's are like to live at? How easy is it to live there? (e.g. ease of grocery shopping etc) What is there to do?

I have been to both Uni's (although Teesside don't offer housing tours) so I know what to expect, but I'd like to know if anyone going to either knows what I could expect if it would effect my decision.

ReputationRep:
    middlesbrough has been voted the worst place to live in england.

this is a review of the closest thing i can find to games design
    http://www.whatuni.com/degrees/showR...d=27727&z=5626

ReputationRep:
    Just got my Conditional from Staffs, really need to decide now, anyone else able to help?

ReputationRep:
    Try posting in each unis individual forum for advice on the specific unis/courses.

Where would you rather live? Which has nicer accomodation? Do either offer more interesting modules? etc etc etc....

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for Manchester met based on the fact its in manchester. Good nightlife, plenty to do etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 30DiedOnMars)
    Just got my Conditional from Staffs, really need to decide now, anyone else able to help?
    I don't have any advice but congrats on your offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    I'd go for Manchester met based on the fact its in manchester. Good nightlife, plenty to do etc.
    Yeah, but the course and facilities at Staffs and Tees seem better to me, hence why I said in the Original Post that I'm trying to pick between these two. Thanks for the input though

ReputationRep:
    i go to staffs, and even though im on the other campus in stoke, my boyfriend lives at the stafford campus so if you want to know anything about it, give me a message or something.

stevie-leigh x

ReputationRep:
    Finally decided, I've firmed Staffs and Insurance is Wolverhampton. Now to revise like crazy.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.