The Student Room Group

Struggling to decide on my first choice.

I have recieved offers from Teesside and Manchester MET for Computer Games Design courses, I'm currently waiting for a reply from Staffordshire Uni (Stafford campus) for the same course.

I have picked my insurance as Wolverhampton for Games Design since they are offering me less UCAS points but I can't decide on Teesside or Staffs for my first choice.

Can anyone offer any insite on what the Uni's are like to live at? How easy is it to live there? (e.g. ease of grocery shopping etc) What is there to do?

I have been to both Uni's (although Teesside don't offer housing tours) so I know what to expect, but I'd like to know if anyone going to either knows what I could expect if it would effect my decision.
(edited 13 years ago)
middlesbrough has been voted the worst place to live in england.

this is a review of the closest thing i can find to games design
http://www.whatuni.com/degrees/showReviewDetail.html?rid=27727&z=5626
Reply 2
Just got my Conditional from Staffs, really need to decide now, anyone else able to help?
Reply 3
Try posting in each unis individual forum for advice on the specific unis/courses.

Where would you rather live? Which has nicer accomodation? Do either offer more interesting modules? etc etc etc....
Reply 4
I'd go for Manchester met based on the fact its in manchester. Good nightlife, plenty to do etc.
Reply 5
Original post by 30DiedOnMars
Just got my Conditional from Staffs, really need to decide now, anyone else able to help?

I don't have any advice but congrats on your offer.
Reply 6
Original post by bestofyou
I'd go for Manchester met based on the fact its in manchester. Good nightlife, plenty to do etc.

Yeah, but the course and facilities at Staffs and Tees seem better to me, hence why I said in the Original Post that I'm trying to pick between these two. Thanks for the input though :smile:
i go to staffs, and even though im on the other campus in stoke, my boyfriend lives at the stafford campus so if you want to know anything about it, give me a message or something.
:smile:
stevie-leigh x
Reply 8
Finally decided, I've firmed Staffs and Insurance is Wolverhampton. Now to revise like crazy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending