Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should women have hairless arms? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's never really bothered me before because my hair is quite light anyway so is barely noticeable however, I hear a lot of women are shaving/waxing their lower arm hair and wonder if this is something most women do?

ReputationRep:
    I have hair on my arms, some blonde, some light brown, but I couldn't care less about it.

ReputationRep:
    I do it but I have extremely pale skin and very dark hair so it just looks mannish and makes them look fatter too somehow? I also like how clean and smooth I feel after waxing But I probably wouldnt go to the trouble if I had fair hair

ReputationRep:
    my arm hair is really blonde.doesnt bother me enough to want to wax it.is it stubbly when it grows back if you wax?

ReputationRep:
    As long as your comfortable with it.I do and I have really dark hair(I'm black). I only use hair remover when I wear clothes that have no sleeves or short sleeves.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I am saddened by the idea that this is something people worry about

And, since you asked, of course women should have hair on their arms, which is why arms grow hair

ReputationRep:
    Quite frankly, I can't be arsed to shave/wax
    I'm a mammal, I'm supposed to have hair. If someone doesn't like it, they can feck off.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I don't like it when people shave it and you brush against them and their arm is all stubbly. I yell at my friend when she does it lol. My hair is very fair so I'm fine

ReputationRep:
    I love my arm hair , I don't like the pig skin feel of that part of the skin without hair! Keeps my arms warm!

ReputationRep:
    I removed mine when I was younger and it itched so much, I've never done it since.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I do. My friends say there's no point because my hair's quite light, but I prefer the feeling and think it looks better.

What irritates me is when people make comments about how people who do it look like children, yet if someone were not to shave their legs they'd be told they look like a man. Just let people be and stop feeling so damn threatened all the time is my view(I doubt v. much it'll become the norm.).

EMZ=]

ReputationRep:
    only blonde hair on limbs will be tolerated.

ReputationRep:
    Its due to personal preference. Some will not like any hair at all while others wouldn't mind a fur.

I personally don't mind unless its quite highly visible.

ReputationRep:
    People shave their arms?! But don't they get... arm stubble? :eek4:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Women should do whatever they want with their own bodies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    People shave their arms?! But don't they get... arm stubble? :eek4:
    That's what I was thinking!

I had never considered arm hair removal untill now, what an utterly stupid idea... Each to their own though I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    Expecting someone to have hairless arm is very extreme and utterly strange. This phobia against women being normal human beings with hair is rather insane.
    Not talking about you, but society in general.
    I have to warn against taking TSR views as being representative of any society short of one in which women work part-time as sandwich makers and those kids who don't score 100% in 35 A-levels are considered to be untermenschen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bourgeois)
    I have to warn against taking TSR views as being representative of any society short of one in which women work part-time as sandwich makers and those kids who don't score 100% in 35 A-levels are considered to be untermenschen.
    Haha.. No, I definitely don't have this view from TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    I am saddened by the idea that this is something people worry about
    This
    and:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    What? No. This hair hysteria has gone too far. Women should do whatever they want with their bodies.
    I'm a brunette, and my hair isn't fair. Though it looks perfectly fine.. I'm a human being, not a hairless wax doll.
    If someone has a problem with that, they can sod off.
    This.
    Women worry way too much over some tings. It's friggin arm hair for chrissakes! Shaven would just be odd and a pointless waste of time and effort.
    You are all fine with arm hair!!!

ReputationRep:
    We are humans not dolls! Gah! Society makes me sick, this is not something people should even be thinking about. What next, nobody should take a poo because it's stinky?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.