Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I have held off the advances of all my friends who really want me to sign up to Facebook.

I have also been told that it is a necessity for social arrangements at uni etc. by older siblings but I want to maintain with my stubborness.

Any advice? x.x

ReputationRep:
    Do what you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    No.

I can't stand the bloody thing.

ReputationRep:
    Join, it is actually pretty useful for organsing events and gatherings, which practically all I use it for.

Don't be in the "I'm not on facebook because of cool and sophisticated" boat.

ReputationRep:
    Nah not worth it. Most of the people I have on it only go on it for the stupid games (I used to but they are too boring now)

ReputationRep:
    Facebook is pretty useful for organising / managing events but, apart from that, it's annoying as hell and consumes far too much of my time (though I'm not sure how, when sod all happens on there - bar people whining about life). :erm:

ReputationRep:
    This not you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Amour Toujours)
    Facebook is pretty useful for organising / managing events but, apart from that, it's annoying as hell and consumes far too much of my time (though I'm not sure how, when sod all happens on there - bar people whining about life). :erm:
    exactly, plus whats the point in arranging meets on facebook when there is a much more efficient way... The phone

ReputationRep:
    don't do it! you'll end up with FAD ( facebook addiction disorder) like most people. its annoyin and if you've lasted this long without it then i'd say you don't need it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thru sun and rain)
    exactly, plus whats the point in arranging meets on facebook when there is a much more efficient way... The phone
    To be honest with you, I think my friends have forgotten there are such things since they all signed up to Facebook. I literally don't find out anything from my friends (and some of my family) prior to it being published on Facebook, haha. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    When you're arranging to meet more than one person, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuzuzu)
    When you're arranging to meet more than one person, no?
    Multi texting? able to send to multiple numbers at once? make a multi way call?

ReputationRep:
    How else are you meant to know when people's birthdays are??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by proud nd luvin it)
    How else are you meant to know when people's birthdays are??
    Calendar? Store it in your phone calendar?

ReputationRep:
    Calendar? Store it in your phone calendar?
    hmmmm I suppose, but with facebook it is already there for you

If you don't already have it, I really wouldn't bother.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I was in a similar situation, made an account about 6 months ago and deleted it last week. I think you'll come to the same conclusion if you do sign up, but if you want to find out for yourself then go for it

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't really help the OP but:

Because you've gotta love cyanide & happiness and literal takes on things.

ReputationRep:
    If you want.

I'm not going to add you, though.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.