Turn on thread page Beta

Girls making the first move! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    it'd be a sigh of relief if the girl made the first move.
    definitely would encourage the guy that she wants to get to know the guy more.
    fair play (Y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuredoc77)
    :laugh: :laugh:

I won't kill you, I'll ........ :sexface:

I don't think either one us can wait for the other to get to their house... we might as well both start moving towards each other, and meet half-way and do it in the middle of nowhere.... like dirty and all :sexface:

:coma: awh yea!

:no: we can't. I'm taking my clothes off as i'm running! :sexface:

**** yea

ReputationRep:
    A girl did pretty much that exact same thing to me a while back. She was in one of my classes and she popped up on the facebook and then started texting me by getting my number off someone else. She then said I am struggling with school work can you help me out with it? I agreed and we arranged it. Nearer the time she texted me saying she had her work sorted but could be meet for coffee instead. I agreed because at this time I still hadn't spoken to her in real life and I thought I would see what she was like. She was ok but I wasn't feeling it so I just kept replies to a polite minimum. In the end I had ro resort to ignoring after not once iniating any contact.

Guys love what you did OP. If you are hot then of course they like it if a hot girl talks to them first. If you are not then they will secretly love it anyway because they will think all the girls fancy them. Just don't do what the girl did to me and make it an arkward situtation for the guy, if they don't act like they are enjoying it then leave them alone.

ReputationRep:
    Where is shinytoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm the type of girl who attracts guys, unfortunately- the wrong sort of guys. After being let down by another idiot today combined with general self pity and a need to be loved- someone on Facebook chat came up who I hardly talk to, but have always wanted to get to know

Usually, I wait for the guy to ask for my number and ask me out- but I decided that I'd be quite bold today rather than playing coy. We were supposed to go on a big trip together with a group of friends a few months ago, and after about an hour of chatting I jumped in with 'yeah, it's a shame- I've always wanted to get to know you better. We still could, you know?' He responded positively but maybe a bit taken-back.

But anyway, chat progressed and we started getting on famously and by then I had started on the second bottle of wine. He said he was going to do an essay, and I thought what the hell, and I asked him if I could be 'extremely forward and ask your [his] number? ' He is barely on Facebook or MSN (like once a week, and I couldn't be dealing with waiting around to see when he'd be next online)

But yeah, I got his number and the response that it would be cool to hang out, but I can't help doubting my tactics, thinking that I was horribly forward and maybe a bit needy? Okay, I know I wasn't a complete brazen hussy- but me asking for a guys number is definitely new territory!

Guys- do you like it when girls make the first move?
    Would you feel a bit taken a back if a girl who you kind of knew acted in this way to you? Weird/Flattering?
    Any positive experiences? Negative ones?

I know this thread has been done to death, but I used the search function and the last thread I could find was from 2009, so I'd like some fresh opinions.
    if a girl made a first move on me, i would be very surprised but i would be extremely flattered. it would be needy if she kept in contact and then out of the blue, it'll be better if she gone straight to the point before being friend-zoned

ReputationRep:
    Girl I just want to take my hat off to you and clap well done you had confidence and guys love it good luck!

i want to make the first move with this guy i've liked for months, we've only ever made eye contact and there's defo something there but we are both shy and always with friends, but i'd be mortified if it went wrong and i got rejected! help i dunno what to do, just when i stop thinking about him i randomly see him again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm the type of girl who attracts guys, unfortunately- the wrong sort of guys. After being let down by another idiot today combined with general self pity and a need to be loved- someone on Facebook chat came up who I hardly talk to, but have always wanted to get to know

Usually, I wait for the guy to ask for my number and ask me out- but I decided that I'd be quite bold today rather than playing coy. We were supposed to go on a big trip together with a group of friends a few months ago, and after about an hour of chatting I jumped in with 'yeah, it's a shame- I've always wanted to get to know you better. We still could, you know?' He responded positively but maybe a bit taken-back.

But anyway, chat progressed and we started getting on famously and by then I had started on the second bottle of wine. He said he was going to do an essay, and I thought what the hell, and I asked him if I could be 'extremely forward and ask your [his] number? ' He is barely on Facebook or MSN (like once a week, and I couldn't be dealing with waiting around to see when he'd be next online)

But yeah, I got his number and the response that it would be cool to hang out, but I can't help doubting my tactics, thinking that I was horribly forward and maybe a bit needy? Okay, I know I wasn't a complete brazen hussy- but me asking for a guys number is definitely new territory!

Guys- do you like it when girls make the first move?
    Would you feel a bit taken a back if a girl who you kind of knew acted in this way to you? Weird/Flattering?
    Any positive experiences? Negative ones?

I know this thread has been done to death, but I used the search function and the last thread I could find was from 2009, so I'd like some fresh opinions.
    I had to stop and think - and realised that I've done it a couple of times. Even recently with the guy I have now.
    Tbf, if I want someone I don't wait - I go for it. Shy bairns...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    It would be pretty nice, I mean, we don't have to do the hard work.
    I like doing that work, it allows a great deal of creativity and you can be sure where you stand.

Whilst I don't mind girls making their intentions clear in subtle ways, girls who stray over the line into masculine territory are a bit off-putting.

ReputationRep:
    It would show me that you are a worthy candidate. In fact, having the courage to do such a thing would automatically get you an application form from me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Please for the love of God if you like someone just make a move. It does not matter if you are a Girl or Guy.
    Amen to this.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to bump this thread- but I'd thought I'd give you a little update (this was my thread but I posted anon, eeeee)....I'm so glad I was brazen enough to ask for his number and make it clear I was interested because I woke up this morning to find an email from him asking to meet up tonight

So girls- be confident and if you want something, go for it! It pays off! x

ReputationRep:
    Usually a girl eventually asks me for my number if I initiate some kind of conversation. I guess I'm witty and charming enough to overcome the sense that boys need to do the hard work.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love it for a girl to make the first move for once.

ReputationRep:
    about a month ago i made the first move with somebody i knew for a while - even though im 23, it was the first guy i ever had any kind of feelings + atraction towards, but he is incredibly quiet + keeps himself to himself, so i decided to be the hunter ;D
    not only do i have my first ever boyfriend, i also have an unblemished 100% success rate ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    yah, just wait a day or two before you text him! x
    What stupid advice. Virtually every guy finds that really annoying and a turn off fyi.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by CB91)
    What stupid advice. Virtually every guy finds that really annoying and a turn off fyi.
    in my experience, it's best not to come across as too available as this can becom synonymous with desperate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    in my experience, it's best not to come across as too available as this can becom synonymous with desperate
    There's a big difference between seeming desperate and waiting for a few days. The only way you'll come off as desperate is if you text him straight away. Leave it a few hours and you'll be fine.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by CB91)
    There's a big difference between seeming desperate and waiting for a few days. The only way you'll come off as desperate is if you text him straight away. Leave it a few hours and you'll be fine.
    shall we settle for a mid-point and go with 24hrs later?

I see your point, I mean after the first text I wouldn't say wait long1

ReputationRep:
    I've had girls come on to me a few times, only twice in an obvious ONS way though (great imo)! The rest are like fishing for my number... but yeah obviously this is the odd occasion it's usually me. Can be awkward when you don't wanna give them your number, I usually just give it 'em anyway.

I think it's a good thing, just don't seem too desperate... Unless it's at a club or a drunken night then it doesn't really matter.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.