Turn on thread page Beta

So there's this guy I like... watch

ReputationRep:
    There's this cute guy who works on the reception at the hairdressers I go to, but I've haven't asked him out before now as I couldn't be certain if he was gay or even single.

Last week I was looking at guys on Plenty of Fish (I don't actually have an account), and I saw his profile. And I was in luck! The cute guy at my hairdressers is my age, gay, and currently looking for a boyfriend.

So I would like your advice on the best way to ask him out on a date. I think I have more chance of success if I do something in person rather than creating a Plenty of Fish account and messaging him, but it would feel too awkward to actually ask him out whilst he's working.

So I was thinking of writing my number on a piece of paper, and giving it to him when I pay. If I fold it up really small, by the time he has unfolded it and read it I would have left the salon = no awkwardness! If someone did this for me where I work I think I would be flattered and just smile even if I had no desire to message them...or does it seem too stange a thing to do?!

Thanks

Ohh yeah, I have a hair cut booked at his salon tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by springishere)
    There's this cute guy who works on the reception at the hairdressers I go to, but I've haven't asked him out before now as I couldn't be certain if he was gay or even single.

Last week I was looking at guys on Plenty of Fish (I don't actually have an account), and I saw his profile. And I was in luck! The cute guy at my hairdressers is my age, gay, and currently looking for a boyfriend.

So I would like your advice on the best way to ask him out on a date. I think I have more chance of success if I do something in person rather than creating a Plenty of Fish account and messaging him, but it would feel too awkward to actually ask him out whilst he's working.

So I was thinking of writing my number on a piece of paper, and giving it to him when I pay. If I fold it up really small, by the time he has unfolded it and read it I would have left the salon = no awkwardness! If someone did this for me where I work I think I would be flattered and just smile even if I had no desire to message them...or does it seem too stange a thing to do?!

Thanks

Ohh yeah, I have a hair cut booked at his salon tomorrow!
    Just because he's looking for a boyfriend, doesn't mean he'll like you. You could be ugly to him, don't be so forward.

ReputationRep:
    i like the idea of giving him your number rolled up its less awkward for both of you that way but gets your point across!goooooooood luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    Just because he's looking for a boyfriend, doesn't mean he'll like you. You could be ugly to him, don't be so forward.
    I know he may not like me, but at least now I know there is a chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    lol, needlessly harsh. OP, the folded up paper ideas is a winner, muchmuch less awkward and also pretty cute/different. Do it! you needn't even see him again if he doesn't call, so there's much more to gain than there is to lose.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.