The Student Room Group

* Advice needed on one night stand *

I feel like I made a huge mistake by sleeping with this guy I like as it seems like it was a one night stand. Ive thought he was nice for a while but he had a long term gf then recently they broke up and she moved out, he messaged me a few weeks later asking if I would like to go for a drink, we ended up watching a movie at his which turned into having sex at his; I felt as though he regretted it straight after and things were kind of awkward the next morning, I text him saying sorry for any awkwardness and thanks for letting me stay over, and he said no problem take care. I really think I've fallen for him but he doesnt seem interested anymore- Did I blow it by sleeping with him? Or does he just need time to get over his ex?

HELP PLEASE as I can't stop thinking about it.:s-smilie:
Reply 1
probably needs a bit more time to get over her if it was long term :/ hard to say if hes into you or whether it was just a rebound for him!
Ask him! What's the harm? If you justify yourself as well as you've justified your text here it should be fine :smile:
Reply 3
You were just a rebound I think, a temporary ego boost
You have been used as rebound sex. Congratulations.

:borat:
Reply 5
Cool alignment, bro. And you're being assumptive, you wont know whether he has regretted anything without asking him!
Reply 6
Yes I know it was probably only rebound sex but how do I make him see that We could be more? I don't want to come on too strong too quick but I also don't want to leave things and always feel awkward if I bump into him etc, I really like him, maybe he doesnt feel the same about me but do you think i should try and make a go of it? or leave him be?
Sloppy seconds?
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Yes I know it was probably only rebound sex but how do I make him see that We could be more? I don't want to come on too strong too quick but I also don't want to leave things and always feel awkward if I bump into him etc, I really like him, maybe he doesnt feel the same about me but do you think i should try and make a go of it? or leave him be?

You\re gonna have to aggressively pursue him so that he thinks about you more than he does about his ex
He might need time to get over her, alternatively he could think you were just up for a one night stand.

You could try talking with him about it to clarify exactly what he thinks/wants.
Reply 10
ok thanks all - I guess I have to brace the awkwardness and talk to him about what happened and how I feel and how he feels :s-smilie:
Reply 11
I think it's best to let it be for a bit. Give him time to mull it over and get over his ex. Let him initiate anything which will let you know if he is interested and don't be quick to jump back too quickly into bed.. otherwise you could be seen more as a booty call. If that's all that you're interested in, its fine however you seem to want more so try going out places with him so you can get to know each other more on a dating front.

I do think it's best to give it a bit of time before you talk with him about things if you are really set on doing that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending