Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

im a final year student at the university of central lancashire studying health psychology and i hope to study for a masters degree at UCL 2012. however i predict that i will most likely earn a 2:2. is there any way for UCL to consider a 2:2? i do have a good excuse for getting such a degree, as ive recently been diagnosed with schizophrenia but do they even consider such cases?

if there is no hope of me getting into UCL, are there any unis in london that would accept a 2:2?

any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

It's highly unlikely to get into UCL with a 2:2 even though some courses have that minimum requirement, there will be enough competition so that they will eventually give offers to 2i or first people. Of course unless you have a good work experience or a very good CV.

ive recently been diagnosed with schizophrenia
    I'm pretty sure Schizophrenia is among the conditions that you should inform the school while applying. You should also inform the border agency when applying for a visa (if you're international).

It depends what the course asks for. Is it at least 2:1 or generally a second class honours degree?
    Then there is the competitive nature of the course; some courses being more competitive than others. My friend simply applied and was offered a place whereas I applied (different course) and had to have an interview.

Crucially you need to have an edge over other candidates and whilst you may not feel those are your grades if you have work experience or extra curricular activities then those might work in your favour.

It isn't over until its over(and even then try again)
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.