Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just want to clarify. On the website it says you need Cs, but I swear somewhere it says you need 6A*s. We even had a cambridge assistant admissions officer come to our school several weeks ago who said there were very high GCSE requirements...

Anyone know what's what regarding this?

ReputationRep:
    Cs are the bare minimum. Unfortunately, most of the people who apply and get into Cambridge have a string of A*s at GCSE.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The A* number is an average number not a requirement. Email the college you wish to apply to and ask them their take on it as it varies.

I received an interview (followed by a rejection, however) with only CCC at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    Your BMAT score is of far more importance. If you scored excellently in that, a string of As and Bs wouldn't hinder you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not worried too much honestly - I just wondered if that'd mean I'd be at an advantage because I have 6A*s and 5As.

Thanks for the info anyway guys/gals.

ReputationRep:
    Best thing to do is ask Cambridge's school of medicine. They might be a bit diplomatic about their answer, but it's better than our speculation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    I'm not worried too much honestly - I just wondered if that'd mean I'd be at an advantage because I have 6A*s and 5As.

I would apply if you have very high UMS in your AS levels and predict a potentially good BMAT score ;3

Basically, good GCSEs + high UMS + good BMAT score = winning combo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)

Not specially - those are pretty standard GCSEs for Cambridge. The official requirements on the website are low but most people will have MUCH higher than that. What WILL give you an advantage is high UMS marks and a good BMAT score, so get to work on those.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.