Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever came away from meeting a member of the opposite sex thinking... watch

'What just happened?' But in a sort of nice, albeit confused way?

I'm a female and I've just done so and it's a comforted feeling...not a 'I really fancy you sort of thing. And now I can't stop thinking about the person even though it wasn't a blatent fancying him thing, but again a 'What just happened...'. Anyone had this...?

I'm probably just nuts.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    maybe you are nuts:teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Probably not in the way you meant it but I once came across a female who knew what total football was.

At first I was but then I was :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Eh?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I know what you mean. Do you mean where nothing happened between you and you never thought you fancied them, but you realize afterwards that there was actually a lot you liked about them? I had that experience recently. Unfortunately I don't think I'm likely to ever see the person again.

ReputationRep:
    I think she means a member of the same sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I'm a female and I've just done so and it's a comforted feeling...not a 'I really fancy you sort of thing. And now I can't stop thinking about the person even though it wasn't a blatent fancying him thing, but again a 'What just happened...'. Anyone had this...?

I'm probably just nuts.
    Yep. You probably are.

I've come away thinking; "What just happened?" Usually, followed by the question; "Where the hell am I?"

I don't think we mean the same thing...

(Original post by tobeconfirmed)
    Maybe I know what you mean. Do you mean where nothing happened between you and you never thought you fancied them, but you realize afterwards that there was actually a lot you liked about them? I had that experience recently. Unfortunately I don't think I'm likely to ever see the person again.
    Yes, I think this is it. Said person has asked me to give him a call...he's such a friendly guy I don't know how to take this; whether it is friendly, as I said or platonic and just liking eachother enough to get in touch again.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. But that's usually because I've spaced out daydreaming then when I come to I'm like "what the... oh ****"
    It happens with the same sex and in fact everything you can think of

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how loads of people are calling you nuts on here but I kinda know what you mean. :teehee:

I have those "moments" too.

But they soon go away...

ReputationRep:

I'm probably just nuts.
    I can't get the girl who gave me a tour of a University out of my head (just us 2, I should turn up late and miss the a main group leaving more often )

She was amazing, I think its because shes the first Physics girl (infact first Physics student full stop) that I had met at the time, and omg she was so passionate it was amazing. She really knew her stuff I've never met a student so passionate about their subject. At one point when she was telling me about the private study rooms she said there was so many "you can usually find an empty one which is good because I often prefer to work alone bit of peace and quet". At this point I was like OMG is she the female version of me?

(Original post by loling909)
    It's funny how loads of people are calling you nuts on here but I kinda know what you mean. :teehee:

I have those "moments" too.

But they soon go away...
    They do indeed. But for tonight: what was that?!

ReputationRep:
    Just like to say i know exaactly what you mean Weird feeling eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insoms)
    I can't get the girl who gave me a tour of a University out of my head (just us 2, I should turn up late and miss the a main group leaving more often )

She was amazing, I think its because shes the first Physics girl (infact first Physics student full stop) that I had met at the time, and omg she was so passionate it was amazing. She really knew her stuff I've never met a student so passionate about their subject. At one point when she was telling me about the private study rooms she said there was so many "you can usually find an empty one which is good because I often prefer to work alone bit of peace and quet". At this point I was like OMG is she the female version of me?
    :rofl:

This is so cute.

ReputationRep:
    Mostly when drunk...

(Original post by insoms)

Yes, I know what you mean! I think maybe it's a confusion of 'Do I just really admire this person?' or is more than that, in a liking them kind of way.

(Original post by Wookie42)
    Just like to say i know exaactly what you mean Weird feeling eh?
    Thank you Yeah it is. Have you ever worked it out?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I think this is it. Said person has asked me to give him a call...he's such a friendly guy I don't know how to take this; whether it is friendly, as I said or platonic and just liking eachother enough to get in touch again.
    It's certainly a bit tricky when you don't know how he feels and may or may not be completely decided on how you feel. I think whether it's a platonic relationship or more, stay in touch either way. There are few people that make such an impression on you that you can't stop thinking about them.

ReputationRep:
    Have you CAME away? :lolwut:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.