Turn on thread page Beta

My boyfriend won't pay for our holiday anymore watch

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend, who I previously thought was rather wonderful, had offered to pay for us both to holiday. Now while he was thinking more along the lines of sun, sea, sex, and sand in Greece or something, I sent him this link for what I would like us to do. http://www.statravel.co.uk/cps/rde/x...ALL&country=NO

He now doesn't seem so keen. How can I bring him round to doing this? As a holiday it really does seem rather sublime.

ReputationRep:
    1/10

ReputationRep:
    Oh *****, please!

Thats far too expensive, I don't blame him for changing his mind (if he exists at all, chances are your trolling).

ReputationRep:
    3 grands quite steep
    its a cruise? or a tour of scotland?
    id prefer greece

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should split the cost... like normal people.

...unless of course your boyfriend is minted, then its a different matter.

ReputationRep:
    [IMG]http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/*****-please.jpg[/IMG]

ReputationRep:
    ohhhh. hows ur "friend"/"taunter" situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little_missy01)
    Oh stop bringing that up. My boyfriend's the only one who's been supportive of me through this as he knows what an absolute cow she is.

ReputationRep:
    a tad pricey don't you think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lassilsa)
    My boyfriend, who I previously thought was rather wonderful, had offered to pay for us both to holiday. Now while he was thinking more along the lines of sun, sea, sex, and sand in Greece or something, I sent him this link for what I would like us to do. http://www.statravel.co.uk/cps/rde/x...ALL&country=NO

He now doesn't seem so keen. How can I bring him round to doing this? As a holiday it really does seem rather sublime.
    How about offering to pay over £6000 instead?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.39thandbroadway.com/wp-co...golddigger.jpg

ReputationRep:
    obviously..its time to dump him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpharius)
    Oh *****, please!

Thats far too expensive, I don't blame him for changing his mind (if he exists at all, chances are your trolling).
    (Original post by Little_missy01)
    Thats why I decided to put that!

It all makes sence now...

ReputationRep:
    Oh stop bringing that up. My boyfriend's the only one who's been supportive of me through this as he knows what an absolute cow she is.
    woah!
    i meant no offence
    i was merely asking

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you reach a happy medium?

Check out what activities there are to do around Greece or wherever you're planning on going and see what it has to offer. There's no point him paying for a holiday that he wont enjoy, but then again there's no point in you going away with him just to moan about how you're not doing any of the activities you wanted to do.

Personally, if someone wanted to pay to take me on holiday i'd jump at the chance... you're almost seeming ungrateful :\

ReputationRep:
    You should be grateful he's paying for it. I'd be uncomfortable with that, let alone asking for a really expensive holiday!

ReputationRep:
    £3000 :O
    i couldn't even ASK my bf jokingly to spend that much! i'd feel awful!

tbh, you're lucky you're going on holiday together at all, there are worse things than your bf not paying for your perfect holiday

like knowing you're not going to see him for a year while you study in america

compromise? that's very steep for one holiday with your boyfriend, maybe wait until later on in life, when you'd both really enjoy and appreciate it, and find a holiday that is a compromise and that you'll both love? one including sun sea sand, and also touristy/sight-seeing stuff/amazing once in a lifetime things?

ReputationRep:
    Your idea of a 'sublime' holiday may well not be his, and it's just plain selfish to expect him to cough up 6k for a cruise he doesn't want to go on. Compromise (ever heard of that?) and find a destination you both want to go to.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend, who I previously thought was rather wonderful
    I really hope you don't seriously mean you think less of him now because he isn't keen on the idea of spending 3000 pound on you, otherwise he seriously needs to dump you.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend, who I previously thought was rather wonderful, had offered to pay for us both to holiday. Now while he was thinking more along the lines of sun, sea, sex, and sand in Greece or something, I sent him this link for what I would like us to do. http://www.statravel.co.uk/cps/rde/x...amp;country=NO

3 grand :| he's your bf not your husband, and even then most husbands dont spend that much on a holiday per person.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.