Turn on thread page Beta

My boyfriend won't pay for our holiday anymore watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colin4president)
    you could hire megan fox for a week with that kind of money. this guy needs to ditch the golddigger asap.

also, sand and sex don't mix.

Sand and sex mixes well, just don't forget to bring a towel! :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    With the greatest amout of respect, you need to stop making stuff about you. it's really sweet that your boyf offered to pay but holidays are expensive and if he does want to pay then maybe you should let him chose what you do. it's not fair to expect him to fork out money for a trip he doesnt really want to do. you shouldnt manipulate him but appreciate his generousity and discuss the issue together.
    relationships are about compromise- not just one person getting their own way, that's when they break down.

ReputationRep:
    Why not read a copy of Cosmopolitan Magazine?

I hear they're full of ridiculous ways to manipulate men into giving in to the modern woman's extravagant demands.

Hell, I bet there's some advice on becoming even more ungrateful and greedy too!

...Some people, seriously.

ReputationRep:
    He needs to dump you

ReputationRep:
    OP I think you're being rather ungrateful. Its nice that he offered to take you away somewhere, and Greece is nice! Iv been living with my bf for 2 years and we still split the cost of everything!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think that actually looks really cool. But you can't expect him to pay 6 grand for it, plus all the gear you'd have to buy. You're either a golddigger or a troll.

ReputationRep:
    This person is such a terrible troll, stop falling for it....

(Original post by Lassilsa)
    My boyfriend, who I previously thought was rather wonderful, had offered to pay for us both to holiday. Now while he was thinking more along the lines of sun, sea, sex, and sand in Greece or something, I sent him this link for what I would like us to do. http://www.statravel.co.uk/cps/rde/x...ALL&country=NO

He now doesn't seem so keen. How can I bring him round to doing this? As a holiday it really does seem rather sublime.
    Get a richer bf?

My bf would pay.

ReputationRep:
    7/10
    I actually rather enjoyed this one.

ReputationRep:
    Il admit this is a new one, but im bored at work so il play along.

Firstly arent you the one that complained of phoning the police about a ghost in bushes at 3 am?

Secondly, so your bf offers to take you on holiday, decides on greece, you dont like that and give the idea of going to the sodding polar north and charge him 6 grand to do it. So he trades beaches for ice, swimwear for arctic gear and is 6 gs out of pocket. And then because he shock bloody horror he doesnt want to do this you decide hes not as "wonderful" as you thought.

Im starting to feel sorry for the ghost thats stuck for eternity haunting your ungrateful selfish ass.

ReputationRep:
    LOL..sounds like an ice fishing holiday..

ReputationRep:
    You better start sucking his **** on a daily basis.

ReputationRep:
    Lol who actually believed this and pos repped her?

ReputationRep:
    I've read this thread, and I've read the other thread about the 3am mystery woman, and I've come to one conclusion........

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...ed=0CDYQ9QEwAg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lassilsa)
    My boyfriend, who I previously thought was rather wonderful, had offered to pay for us both to holiday. Now while he was thinking more along the lines of sun, sea, sex, and sand in Greece or something, I sent him this link for what I would like us to do. http://www.statravel.co.uk/cps/rde/x...ALL&country=NO

He now doesn't seem so keen. How can I bring him round to doing this? As a holiday it really does seem rather sublime.
    DUMP HIM. Seriously, that trip looks amazing. I'm a guy and if a girl I was dating didn't like winter vacations and going off the beaten path it would be a dealbreaker.

Next year I'm doing a tour through the Norwegian arctic fjords, where every day we will stop to climb a mountain and then snowboard back down through the deep powder!

ReputationRep:
    Well it's a holiday right? Some people want to be able to relax and go where they want and do what they want. But what you've suggested means that you'd have to make a commitment. There'll probably be a lot of other people travelling with you, he just wants to relax with you and not do much. It's not a cultural/historical trip to him, it doesn't seem like that's what he wants, he obviously just wants it to be just you and him, and not a whole other exhibition party. Maybe he's not that much into histroy and travelling around, stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    **** that right off

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.