Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am due to start a PGCE course in September 2011 and have been sent a health questionnaire.Does anyone out there know how worried i should be about the mental health section?

ReputationRep:
    Don't be worried.

If you put something down that they have cause for concern about you will be asked to meet with an occupation health professional. They will chat to you about it to ensure you are able to undertake the work involved and not be a risk to yourself or the young people you will be in charge of.

Honestly...it's a good idea to be really honest. Declare anything you have been diagnosed with and/or that may have affected you and your work or study in the past so that if it does crop up during your studies they will have a support structure in place.

Note: You will also have to fill out these medical questionnaires for any teaching post you apply for once qualified...so best to start out being 100% honest.

From my point of view, unless you'll be declaring that you're a sociopathic agoraphobic with suicidal tendencies who has sexual feelings towards young children that you feel compelled to act up.... I think it'll be alright.

ReputationRep:
    as long as you dont right im funkink nuts then i think you should be ok

good luck

ReputationRep:
    How organised are LSBU when it comes to placements? When do you find out? What do they take into account when matching you up?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.