Turn on thread page Beta

Awkward situation - what to do? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterJomi)
    1) Sleep with boss
    2) Get a raise
    3) ????
    4) PROFIT
    To number 2, depends how good I am really, doesn't it?
    Is it worth the risk of getting the sack and a ***** slap from my female boss though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    Correction - I wouldn't dare sober
    Too bad I work in a bar and 90% of the time I am under the influence
    Alright sounds like something's gonna happen... just saying.

ReputationRep:
    1) Sleep with boss
    2) Get a raise
    3) ????
    4) PROFIT
    Hell yeah loling makes the world go round :sexface:

:teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    Serious replies please folks.

So I've had my job for nearly a year but in January I got new bosses. Man and woman (couple obviously.) I spent a lot of time with them cos I work like 6-7 days a week. It's in a bar. When they first started, me and the two bosses used to have regular lock ins and get drunk, but after a while the woman stopped bothering with them. Then like 2 times a week it was just me and the guy. Nothing wrong with that - purely boss and staff having a laugh/drink together.
    The bolded part is where you are wrong.

Don’t think it really matters to you at this point as it seems you are determined to shag him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tite23)
    Alright sounds like something's gonna happen... just saying.
    (Original post by trooper6)
    The bolded part is where you are wrong.

Don’t think it really matters to you at this point as it seems you are determined to shag him.
    That is where both of you are wrong. I'm just having a joke on the thread. I would honestly never ever go there. I'd quit my job if I thought I was likely to do it.

Why is the bolded part wrong exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    That is where both of you are wrong. I'm just having a joke on the thread. I would honestly never ever go there. I'd quit my job if I thought I was likely to do it.

Alright sorry, thought you were serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    Lose my job and miss out on a lay? You mad, brah?

Imperial logic would ask why you would want to let a man with questionable morals enter your body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    To number 2, depends how good I am really, doesn't it?
    Is it worth the risk of getting the sack and a ***** slap from my female boss though?
    That is true, but he seems to be fairly desperate so I you could probably get a way with a shoddy performance.
    Probably isn't worth the risk tbh, I'd say just leave it and make it clear that you're not into him.

You should probably stop texting him back aswell....>.>

(Original post by loling909)
    Hell yeah loling makes the world go round :sexface:

:perv:

And not just the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealDarthVader)
    Imperial logic would ask why you would want to let a man with questionable morals enter your body.
    I thought it was pretty obvious I was joking from the 1st page My bad.

That is true, but he seems to be fairly desperate so I you could probably get a way with a shoddy performance.
    Probably isn't worth the risk tbh, I'd say just leave it and make it clear that you're not into him.

Maybe the shoddy performance would put him off asking for round 2?

Haha like I said, I never would - was just joking.

ReputationRep:
    Err...tbf, when I worked in a bar we always had lock ins and whatnot - and I had my bosses number.

But to me it sounds like you were a little too close/flirty in your behaviour - and just pointing out I'm not saying it was deliberate on your part.

Stop hanging out and stop texting him, even the 'i got home safe'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    I thought it was pretty obvious I was joking from the 1st page My bad.

Maybe the shoddy performance would put him off asking for round 2?

Haha like I said, I never would - was just joking.
    Haha, yeah I know.

Just saying though, you should probably think about limiting the amount of contact you have with him. Like only talk to him if it's to do with work/ actually during a shift and try and leave your personal life out of any conversations with him.

ReputationRep:

:perv:

And not just the world.

:dance:

:ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)

So you are leading him on which would normally be wrong but seen as he has a girlfriend already and sounds like a **** i say carry on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    What you really should have said is “Nothing wrong with my boss (who is in a relationship) and I alone, locked up in the bar after hours getting drunk and having a little fun a couple of times a week”.

I would believe that most would understand the ramifications of such activity.

You say it’s just for the lolz. I doubt if it was your partner you would see it in the same light.

So just for the lolz, have you shagged him yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trooper6)
    What you really should have said is “Nothing wrong with my boss (who is in a relationship) and I alone, locked up in the bar after hours getting drunk and having a little fun a couple of times a week”.

I would believe that most would understand the ramifications of such activity.

You say it’s just for the lolz. I doubt if it was your partner you would see it in the same light.

So just for the lolz, have you shagged him yet?
    No I haven't.
    And your half right about the bolded. I'd see nothing wrong with my fella having a drink with one of his staff after hours. Especially if she'd been working, it wouldn't be like she deliberately came in to see him. And in this situation, he is responsible for his own actions - he's the one in a relationship not me.
    But I'm not a *****, I'm gonna upset another lass who is deeply in love with him just so I can get a lay. I'm not that heartless.

ReputationRep:
    This is why I'm glad I'm not working class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noobynoo)
    This is why I'm glad I'm not working class.
    And you came to the conclusion I am working class how? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    And you came to the conclusion I am working class how? :rolleyes:
    because the situation you describe sounds like a plot-line from Eastenders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noobynoo)
    because the situation you describe sounds like a plot-line from Eastenders.
    Your point being...? Life isn't all rainbows and butterflies, mate. **** happens.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like the kind of guy who would prick holes in the condom before you have sex or just do something really weird. Just don't bother lol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 2, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.