Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    Your point being...? Life isn't all rainbows and butterflies, mate. **** happens.
    see I was right you are working class.

Nothing wrong with that. But why not go to university, get a good job and then you can have a higher class of dilemma. haha. just messing.

ReputationRep:
    It's obviously not just a 'drink with a friend/co-worker' as you said. My advice is don't drink with this guy again and avoid being around him yourself. You don't want to lose your job or respect, so don't get involved with this guy, even if he is having some relationship trouble.

ReputationRep:
    smash him over the head with a nintendo wii and say 'take that you fker.' can't believe noones thought of that already

ReputationRep:
    Update - No I haven't slept with him, and in approximately 7 days times I'm going to become unemployed. Great. (No I didn't get the sack, I'm handing in my notice tomorrow)

ReputationRep:
    It is good to see that you can at least acknowledge what lead to the problem in the first place. And by acknowledging said problem you admit fault, by not actively seeking to prevent said problem.

"Am I leading him on by spending more than neccesary time with him (I always saw it as a friend thing) and by not being more forceful when he texts me? Like I said, he is nice but he's my boss and has a girlfriend who worships him."

I'm sure you already know the answer to your own question. You've made your own bed and now you have to lie in it.

I suggest you confront the situation, take the risk and clear the air. Let all parties know, so that everyone can be on the same page. That is the only way you can move forward.

I understand that risk can cost your job. But the way I see it, all other options will STILL cost you your job.

ReputationRep:
    Spend less time alone with him,
    Stop texting
    Ask his wife to be around when he insists on having a drink with him...

ReputationRep:
    Update - I'm still in my job and I snogged him

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 3, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.