Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Problem accepting places. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've got a conditional for Glasgow uni and Edinburgh napier and want to confirm both as my firm and back up choice...On track I can log on and get into choices ,but when I press on accept offers nothing is happening..Is there something up with it or?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asobi seksu)
    I've got a conditional for Glasgow uni and Edinburgh napier and want to confirm both as my firm and back up choice...On track I can log on and get into choices ,but when I press on accept offers nothing is happening..Is there something up with it or?
    Have you declined your other offers if any?? e.g. Choose your firm and insurance then decline all the other offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apo1324)
    Have you declined your other offers if any?? e.g. Choose your firm and insurance then decline all the other offers.
    I've still to hear back from one uni stirling which I don't want to use now I have both my offers..I also have two rejections from Edinburgh and st andrews.Is the problem due to this?Is it a technical problem..Nothing is physically occurring when I press the accept offers part of track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asobi seksu)
    I've still to hear back from one uni stirling which I don't want to use now I have both my offers..I also have two rejections from Edinburgh and st andrews.Is the problem due to this?Is it a technical problem..Nothing is physically occurring when I press the accept offers part of track.
    Well I think this could be the problem. In order to reply to your choices you have to have heard from all of them (either they give you a decision or you decide to withdraw your application for that uni). Maybe someone can clarify this.

I think you shouldn't withdraw from Stirling yet because I'm not sure if this will fix the problem.

ReputationRep:
    If you're still waiting to hear back from other places you need to withdraw your applications from them before you can accept offers from the places you have heard from.

ReputationRep:
    When you choose your firm/insurance you have to have had all your offers/rejections before you can do so. I'm in a similar situation as you though - I want to firm/insure, however Stirling haven't gotten back to me yet so I've got to wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)
    When you choose your firm/insurance you have to have had all your offers/rejections before you can do so. I'm in a similar situation as you though - I want to firm/insure, however Stirling haven't gotten back to me yet so I've got to wait
    Just withdraw your application to Stirling then if you don't want to go there, then you can make your decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    Just withdraw your application to Stirling then if you don't want to go there, then you can make your decisions.
    What's the harm in waiting? You never know, Stirling could make me an unconditional offer because I'm that awesome. (Never going to happen.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)
    What's the harm in waiting? You never know, Stirling could make me an unconditional offer because I'm that awesome. (Never going to happen.)
    Well if you don't want to go there at all and already have the choices you want, why wait for them. You seemed anxious to make your decisions from your post

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.