Turn on thread page Beta

Natwest student overdraft 3rd term ? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi im a first year student and just finished my second term of uni and badly need to extend my overdraft to £1000 for the third term. I know it says 3rd term is when i can extend the natwest overdraft but does anyone know that exact date as ive found forums threads of last year suggesting the 1st april but not sure about this year thanks.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I want to know this as well.

Mine is currently still at 500 but I'm going to need to extend it to 1000 to pay for rent over the summer. Presumably I could go tomorrow and extend it to 750?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah pretty sure u can just extend it to 750 at least however i just wondering the exact date i can go and extend it to 1000

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when please ?

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure if there is an exact date. The best thing to do would be to ring up your bank or go in and ask them. You never know, they might even offer to extend it right there and then.

They should give you an exact date.

ReputationRep:
    hi,

have you had any luck yet?

i went into my natwest on campus a couple of weeks ago and they said that their headoffice just said april so the lady told me to come back in early april.. i havent done that yet!

ReputationRep:
    I phoned up and they said when i start my new term which is late april. Went inside and they said they werent sure but she said something lkike maybe on tuesday when their systems update, im not optimistic however

ReputationRep:
    i phoned 0845 300 5017 and its been increased to 1000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifilamore)
    i phoned 0845 300 5017 and its been increased to 1000
    Do you think if i go into the branch and say for them to increase my overdraft from £500 to a £1000 they will have any problem with that? ( I didn't take the £750 increase as I didn't really need it..need the £1000 increase though to pay for rent and stuff. Silly SF paying me short all the time?)

ReputationRep:
    in 08/09 as a first year i was given a 1200 overdraft with natwest. in the second YEAR, not term, i got it to 1400, so 1000 should be possible for you.

on another note, does anyone have problems with natwest online banking? a new 'we need your pin and password' box appears and then basically after doing that, the page is almost empty, apart from a few unusual bits of text and an nonworking button, my balance is not displayed and i can't check anything like previous statements...

ReputationRep:
    I extended mine to £1000 about a month back. Just go into the branch and ask (or ring the branch and go to the overdraft department).

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.