Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Fat burners watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I thought about posting this in the fitness section, but it seems more health related.

Basically, I've been body building for six months and I've had fantastic results. I was unaware how unfit I actually was when I first took my body fat measurement. 31% (which is classed as obese) yet if you saw me, you wouldn't have thought I could be classed as that.

I've lost 9.1% body fat, but I want to speed things up. Is there anything legal (I don't do illegal stuff) that could help speed things along? I've seen something called clembutarol (spelling) which, I think is illegal with sheds weight like no bodies business but it's still highly untested and unstable.

The reason I want to post this here is because I do care about my health so I don't want to be mislead by fitness gurus who claim something to be the bee's knees.

ReputationRep:
    clenbuterol can give heart attacks or something, but if it works let me know! cos it's almost summer and me needs some pounds shifting but im a girl so its way different
    maybe you should try a low carb diet

-(it CAN induce heart attacks for overdosers, not definitely and it is a horse medicine or something) of course i wouldn't risk a heart attack to lose weight, my dad's had one and had to have quatruple bypass surgery so i'm not an idiot, tsr really is full of patronising ****s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winning11)
    clenbuterol can give heart attacks or something, but if it works let me know! cos it's almost summer and me needs some pounds shifting but im a girl so its way different
    I'm doing ketosis over easter, so yeah.

I'm on a calorie deficit diet now, but it's slow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winning11)
    lol wut? You'd risk a heart attack to lose weight? Don't put all us girls in the same boat as you. Some of us like our hearts healthy, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azn-wonder91)
    lol wut? You'd risk a heart attack to lose weight? Don't put all us girls in the same boat as you. Some of us like our hearts healthy, thanks.
    It's given athletes heart attacks, trying to lose a final bit of body fat before an event.

Not a good substance but they're working on it's stability to 'beat' obesity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanishdream)
    It's given athletes heart attacks, trying to lose a final bit of body fat before an event.

Not a good substance but they're working on it's stability to 'beat' obesity.
    Oh right..have you heard of "SlimShot" ?? You can get it online and basically you get a 2 week supply of 3 tubes of tablets...you put a tablet in a class of water with breakfast, lunch and dinner and it just speed up your natural fat metabolism. It's natural, tested, safe and seems to work for my friend who's been using them along side diet and "exercise" (dancing )

ReputationRep:
    Oh right..have you heard of "SlimShot" ?? You can get it online and basically you get a 2 week supply of 3 tubes of tablets...you put a tablet in a class of water with breakfast, lunch and dinner and it just speed up your natural fat metabolism. It's natural, tested, safe and seems to work for my friend who's been using them along side diet and "exercise" (dancing )
    Don't suppose you know how much she was losing before taking it and then afterwards?

A long shot but...

ReputationRep:
    Don't suppose you know how much she was losing before taking it and then afterwards?

A long shot but...
    Erm she's taken it for 2 weeks now and lost 3kg but she's been dieting like crazy aswell..!

ReputationRep:
    Erm she's taken it for 2 weeks now and lost 3kg but she's been dieting like crazy aswell..!
    3kg in two weeks, regardless of how much exercise she does is insane! 6.6 lbs!

If you lose more than 2lbs a week, you go in to starvation mode, maybe the pills suppress that.

Slimshot seems very feminine. If I take this, I'm not going to grow a vagina and breasts am I because if that happens, you have to find me a very nice man as compensation!

ReputationRep:
    3kg in two weeks, regardless of how much exercise she does is insane! 6.6 lbs!

If you lose more than 2lbs a week, you go in to starvation mode, maybe the pills suppress that.

Slimshot seems very feminine. If I take this, I'm not going to grow a vagina and breasts am I because if that happens, you have to find me a very nice man as compensation!
    Hmm well she said she finds it really easy to lose weight for the first few weeks and then once she gets slimmer it gets harder and harder.
    Hahaha no they're not feminin you should deffo try If I found a nice man why would I give him to you? I would keep him for myself

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well she said she finds it really easy to lose weight for the first few weeks and then once she gets slimmer it gets harder and harder.
    Hahaha no they're not feminin you should deffo try If I found a nice man why would I give him to you? I would keep him for myself
    Nothing works for ever. I'll give them a try anyway.

Because you'd owe me for the lady parts, that's why!

ReputationRep:
    Why do you care what some random body fat test, which is probably completely inaccurate anyway, says? Judge your progress using a mirror.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    Why do you care what some random body fat test, which is probably completely inaccurate anyway, says? Judge your progress using a mirror.
    Rule of body building number seven from fifteen;

Don't judge based on looks. Judge on numbers. Sometimes it takes longer to see progress after a while which is very demotivating. Seeing those body fat numbers go down and lean muscle mass go up is half of why we do it.

Body fat callipers are accurate to a percent either way.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing works for ever. I'll give them a try anyway.

Because you'd owe me for the lady parts, that's why!
    Yayy let me know how it goes
    Haha okay fine let's make this official: I azn-wonder91 hereby announce that if your male parts spontaneously invert and you turn into a girl upon using SlimShots-I shall find you a nice man

ReputationRep:
    Yayy let me know how it goes
    Haha okay fine let's make this official: I azn-wonder91 hereby announce that if your male parts spontaneously invert and you turn into a girl upon using SlimShots-I shall find you a nice man
    Deal, I'll drop you a private message with the findings of my experiment. Cheers for the help.

ReputationRep:
    Deal, I'll drop you a private message with the findings of my experiment. Cheers for the help.
    No probz! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Rule of body building number seven from fifteen;

Don't judge based on looks. Judge on numbers. Sometimes it takes longer to see progress after a while which is very demotivating. Seeing those body fat numbers go down and lean muscle mass go up is half of why we do it.

Body fat callipers are accurate to a percent either way.
    Why you have to live by such 'rules' I don't know.

Bodybuilding is entirely based upon aesthetics, how can you not judge on looks :rofl3:

Body fat calipers work on the assumption that the thickness of fat directly under the skin is an accurate reflection of total body fat, they don't consider visceral fat, is skewed with skin thickness and hydration levels. The most accurate way to test body fat is with a DEXA scan and even that is off.

Judge your appearance on your appearance, not on some random numbers.

ReputationRep:
    I just bought some of those slim shots!

Hope they work

I'v lost about 18 lbs since start of feb but need to loose another 50 lbs or so to be a healthy BMI and last few weeks I haven't really lost any more weight, could do with a boost!.

I am 6ft6 and a bit so I'v been told by the med students that I live with that BMI is un reliable in the extremes of height. And I am quite tempted to believe it as 15 stone for my height and build does seem a bit extreme! But that's what my doctors told me to aim for!

Anyone shed any more light on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    Why you have to live by such 'rules' I don't know.

Bodybuilding is entirely based upon aesthetics, how can you not judge on looks :rofl3:

Body fat calipers work on the assumption that the thickness of fat directly under the skin is an accurate reflection of total body fat, they don't consider visceral fat, is skewed with skin thickness and hydration levels. The most accurate way to test body fat is with a DEXA scan and even that is off.

Judge your appearance on your appearance, not on some random numbers.
    Body building is based on aesthetics when a certain level of body fat is reached.

Like I said, (and any half experienced body builder will agree) numbers are what keep you motivated. When you've got a lot of weight to move, it's easy to notice a monthly difference but when you've reached my weight, visual differences aren't as clear. If I've dieted for one month, yet I feel no different nor do I look any different (which has happened before, twice), you rely on numbers to tell you 'Good job'. That's just simple psychology. Otherwise, those who a bit more frail mentally will think 'Oh well it's not working, I may as well leave it and have some cheese cake'. Basically by your logic, people shouldn't weigh themselves and should judge on looks rather than numbers.

Every one who lifts are aware that they're not greatly accurate, but they give a rough estimate between 1% either way, which is a good lead to go on. You also do it 30 minutes after you urinate in the morning, to stop any hydration influencing results.

If you want to find me a DEXA, be my guest, in the mean team I'll stick to 1% either way calipers that cost me £5 thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Body building is based on aesthetics when a certain level of body fat is reached.

Like I said, (and any half experienced body builder will agree) numbers are what keep you motivated. When you've got a lot of weight to move, it's easy to notice a monthly difference but when you've reached my weight, visual differences aren't as clear. If I've dieted for one month, yet I feel no different nor do I look any different (which has happened before, twice), you rely on numbers to tell you 'Good job'. That's just simple psychology. Otherwise, those who a bit more frail mentally will think 'Oh well it's not working, I may as well leave it and have some cheese cake'. Basically by your logic, people shouldn't weigh themselves and should judge on looks rather than numbers.

Every one who lifts are aware that they're not greatly accurate, but they give a rough estimate between 1% either way, which is a good lead to go on. You also do it 30 minutes after you urinate in the morning, to stop any hydration influencing results.

If you want to find me a DEXA, be my guest, in the mean team I'll stick to 1% either way calipers that cost me £5 thanks.
    Bodybuilding is entirely about aesthetics! In competitions no one cares what body fat percentage people claim to have, they care about being able to see striations, it is judged solely on looks.

Yes, most people would be better off looking in the mirror to judge their progress, or seeing how their clothes fit rather than weighing themselves all the damn time. What's the point weighing a particular number if you look like ****?

The only reason for wanting/needing to weigh a particular amount is if you're taking part in a contest that has different weight categories, such as, boxing, weightlifting, powerlifting.

Body fat calipers are extremely inaccurate, I have no idea where the hell you got the 1% figure from, care to provide a reputable source which claims that body fat calipers are accurate to within 1%?

You claim to have lost 9.1% of your body fat, even if body fat calipers were accurate to within 1%, you still wouldn't know if you've lost point one of a percent. How can you know this if you claim that calipers are accurate to 1%:confused:

If you can't use your eyes to tell you whether or not you're happy with your body, then something is wrong with you.

Edit: Also, why would having a piss 30 minutes before, and thus emptying your urinary bladder, have any effect on the amount of water being held in your muscles:confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.