Turn on thread page Beta

a little help with my problem? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    basically in year 11 i achieved high gcse grades and i left my school as i had been accepted into grammar school sixth form. however, during my time there, i had become slightly depressed and the sixth form were not too understanding about it as i was a new student. during my time there (which was around 4 or 5 months), i sat a chemistry AS level exam in january. Shortly after the exam; i'd say about 2 or 3 weeks after, i left college. I do not know what grade i got in the chemistry module...anyway i started again at another college the next year and in the recent january modules, i achieved 3 A's. i want to do medicine hopefully but i dont know whether the medical schools will consider my short few months as a resit year, despite the fact i only did one exam and i left due to depression...can anyone answer my question?

any advice or knowledge on my situation would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Join the Empire, see the galaxy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealDarthVader)
    Join the Empire, see the galaxy.
    comeon dude keep that stuff to the star trek fan club association i only want serious answers

ReputationRep:
    im afraid they say no resits an im pretty sure its not just the full year but individual exams

if i am right with this its not all bad you can do say a biochem course and apply for a postgraduate medicine course, granted you'll need a 1:1 but if you really want to go into medicine this might be your only route

hope i helped

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on individual med schools.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...Resit_Policies

Look on there?

ReputationRep:
    it couldnt hurt to apply .... the worst you get is a no and if you send a covering letter to the department explaining all this then ???ho knows...but its still unlikely :l

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caim-leon)
    comeon dude keep that stuff to the star trek fan club association i only want serious answers

Have you tried punching yourself in the ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealDarthVader)
    Have you tried punching yourself in the ****?
    That is such an Anakin thing to say.

ReputationRep:
    If your circumstances are CLEARLY explained by your referee in your UCAS reference, then I imagine most medical schools will consider your application.

ReputationRep:
    my ass is so sore right now from all that heart pumping ass grinding penetration

ReputationRep:
    you can do resit as long as it is within the two year period.

oh one more thing, the resit exam should be higher than the previous score.

that't ucl told me like 6 months ago.

hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Usually, medical schools will ask that you complete your A levels within 2 years. However, this would probably count as extenuating circumstances. Contact the medical schools (there are only 24 of them, so just copy and paste the same email with the different uni name at the top) and ask whether they would consider you, given your circumstances. It would help if you have documented evidence of your depression, as in a letter from your GP.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.