Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'll be doing Music Journalism at Epsom this year but I've noticed there aren't really any pictures of the accommodation. It would be so helpful if people could post photos here.

Anyone know what it's like? Are the shared bathrooms bearable (distance from your room, cleanliness), or are ensuites the better option? Apparently there is a 1:3 shower:student ratio.

Here is the brochure they provide on their website: http://staff.ucreative.ac.uk/Documen...20May%2009.pdf

The application form becomes available from 20th April 2011 but I like to be prepared

EDIT: Internet access is available through an external company called Keycom. You will be required to sign a contract with the service provider if you choose to use this service. The charge for the service ranges from £15 to £18 per month (depending on the service selected/available). The contract is directly with Keycom and not with the University.

I will edit this as I get more information

ReputationRep:
    Hello... Is there anybody out there...?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, hope to see you around sometime then!

I found this online brochure about accommodation, there's a few more pictures but still none of the bathrooms. Don't they realise how important bathrooms are?! Have emailed them to ask for pictures anyway *fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    4000 is a lot! I am about five hours away, so pretty sure I can get my first choice of accommodation.

The woman I emailed said she couldn't provide pictures but she did tell me the shared bathrooms are close to your own room (but she would!) and the shower to student ratio is about 1:3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *sophi)
    Yea, I'm from Barbados in the Caribbean. =)
    I love that Barbados accent! What made you decide to study in England?

ReputationRep:
    so which housing do people reckon is the best?

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha, layer up and you should be fine I've added you on Facebook anyway!

Also, here's a Facebook group for any September 2011 Music Journalism (UCA Epsom) people - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...943116175&ap=1

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=

I'm choosing Worple Road cause it's the only ensuite (so it seems) once I have my own bathroom I think I can make the most of anything else. It's also on campus so no far walks or rides.

My 2nd choice would be Wilberforce cause it's also on campus and will be brand new for us.

3rd would be Ashley Avenue, again for location.. Not to far from campus but is closer to all the shops and stuff.. haha

4th, last & only left, Woodcote.. Nothing to say here.. Idk.. "Limited" parking? haha

Have you firmed at Epsom? What are you planning on doing?[/QUOTE]

yeah doing fashion journalism, I'm not too fussed about en-suite I've been to uni before and found shared are really not that bad (with the people I was sharing with anyway) because every one had different schedules you were never really waiting for the loo and it was always clean. Shower's were small though.

I just want some where that looks nice, I'm all about the aesthetics haha, and distance, I'm too lazy lol :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *sophi)

I'm choosing Worple Road cause it's the only ensuite (so it seems) once I have my own bathroom I think I can make the most of anything else. It's also on campus so no far walks or rides.

My 2nd choice would be Wilberforce cause it's also on campus and will be brand new for us.

3rd would be Ashley Avenue, again for location.. Not to far from campus but is closer to all the shops and stuff.. haha

4th, last & only left, Woodcote.. Nothing to say here.. Idk.. "Limited" parking? haha

Have you firmed at Epsom? What are you planning on doing?
    Hi, Im so confused I want wilberfource as my second choice but its not on the application form, did you just write it on orr?? x
    Fashion management and marketing

ReputationRep:
    epsom 2011!! im doing graphics, im guessing the accomadation will be like 6-7 people on a corridor and two shared bathrooms between them on there corridor, that's how my mates is in manchester.

add us on facebook anyway homies http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/Mbally

peace x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jleanne)
    Hi, Im so confused I want wilberfource as my second choice but its not on the application form, did you just write it on orr?? x
    Fashion management and marketing
    It says somewhere (I can't remember where) to put that you want to stay in Wilberforce in like the additional information box or something so I've done that. Wilberforce is also my second choice and Woodcote is my first although I am STRESSING about shared bathrooms.
    I'll be doing FMM too x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOJOx)
    It says somewhere (I can't remember where) to put that you want to stay in Wilberforce in like the additional information box or something so I've done that. Wilberforce is also my second choice and Woodcote is my first although I am STRESSING about shared bathrooms.
    I'll be doing FMM too x
    Just see this post! I just wrote in the same section and wrote number 2 next to it lol! I dont care anymore just cant wait to find out wher il be living and what it looks like, be nice to know who ya sharing with too! ha, soo excited ! add me on fb Jorgina Leanne bailey xx

Has anyone heard from accomodation yet??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.