Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if i could get everyones opinion?

I started year 1 of a course Quantity Surveying ( Commercial Management ) at a London University this year.

Later i realised that the course is not RICS accredited. I reapplied for year 2 Entry to a RICS accredited course however i found out one courses is a 4 year course allowing for a term of Work experience ( Oxford Brookes) and the other one wants me to restart in year 1 ( Reading University)

Does everyone think the extra year would be worth it to end up with a RICS accredited degree from a better University?

I do have the option of doing a Master later which is still technically an extra year or two part time. Could also be costly on a full time basis.

ReputationRep:
    The year out placement will be optional, go to Oxford Brookes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akacalvin)
    I was wondering if i could get everyones opinion?

I started year 1 of a course Quantity Surveying ( Commercial Management ) at a London University this year.

Later i realised that the course is not RICS accredited. I reapplied for year 2 Entry to a RICS accredited course however i found out one courses is a 4 year course allowing for a term of Work experience ( Oxford Brookes) and the other one wants me to restart in year 1 ( Reading University)

Does everyone think the extra year would be worth it to end up with a RICS accredited degree from a better University?

I do have the option of doing a Master later which is still technically an extra year or two part time. Could also be costly on a full time basis.
    I do QS aswell.

Come kingston, it's very good at surveying.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the advise. What makes Kingston stand out in your opinion?

Yeah i realised the year out placement is optional in Oxford Brookes. Heading there on Wednesday for an interview.

So at the moment im considering
    1) Oxford Brookes ( Interested in checking out Oxford)
    2) Reading University ( Seems to have the best reputation though they want me to restart in year 1 which is a bit of a bummer)
    3) Greenwich
    4) Kingston
    5) Westminister
    6) Southbank

Decisions Decisions.

I think i would miss London. Then again it would be nice to be a part of a campus University. In London everyone seems to get lost in the crowd.

Any ideas

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.