Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I look better with short hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    I look better with short hair
    I have short hair and I've never had any problems with boys. Also I don't care, because when I have long hair I have to get up ten minutes earlier in the morning to try and form it into something manageable, whereas with short hair I bang a clip in and leave. I love sleep so it's much better.

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on the person and the style of hair. For instance, a girl could have lovely long glossy hair that she takes care of....or really long straggly hair which makes her look like a bag lady - Furthermore I don't think hair really determines whether a girl is 'hot or not' to guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loonyplatypus)
    Are you kidding? Most girls I know with short hair spend max 5 minutes to style it, whereas girls with long hair (myself included) have to take fair longer to keep it in good condition and in a decent style! Takes me about an hour to curl all my hair, which is the way it looks best. Quite a few people have complimented it though :awesome:
    When I first got my hair cut short the hairdresser warned me it would take a lot of looking after and I just dismissed her, as usual the hairdresser knew best!
    But then my hair does not like being straightened, and I always go for those short bobs that require sleek, straight hair.

When I have my hair long I just scrutch it up and let it dry, guess it all depends on hair type and dedication.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend always loved long hair on girls, but I have short hair and he reckons it suits me better than long hair (there are pictures of me with long hair). So it depends what you can pull off as well... a guy may love long hair, but if it doesn't suit the girl, there is no point, it won't do her justice!

ReputationRep:
    Mine is shoulder length. I can't have it any longer than that. Sometimes I just want to chop it all of though (though I won't) Long hair is annoying to take care off, costs a lot to go to a hairdresser etc etc..
    I would look terrible with short hair, but it does suit some.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    I have short hair and I've never had any problems with boys. Also I don't care, because when I have long hair I have to get up ten minutes earlier in the morning to try and form it into something manageable, whereas with short hair I bang a clip in and leave. I love sleep so it's much better.
    Yeah, although I didn't get a great deal of attention from boys anyway :ahee: I wouldn't say it has lessened since having my hair cut short. Short hair suits me, and makes me look older (I have a very baby-ish face!) so long hair just emphasises this (my hair was originally about boob-length)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butties)
    Unless she has hairy boobs or a hairy bum. That would be something to talk about
    I agree with hairy boobs because it is quite visible but surely you can't see her hairy bum :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Only the gorgeous ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beepbeeprichie)
    Long hair :coma:
    This. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I have hip length hair and know for certain that I would look crap with short hair, because I think that to pull off short hair (elfin crop short), you need to have defined facial features eg. strongly defined cheekbones and sadly, I don't.
    I get a lot of compliments on my hair from everyones, including a lot of boys - though there was this creepy guy in a club who when I walked past him, shrieked "Your hair smells so good, like vanilla" and yanked me by the hair and started smelling my hair. That was weird, and painful.

Ultimately though, it fall into the territory of personal perference, much like all the other stuff a large portion of TSR threads are about - do guys prefer; tall/short girls, big boobs/small boobs, thin/fat girls etc.
    Besides, if a guy really likes you, he isn't really going to care how long your hair is.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why short hair is immediately an elfin crop. I have a sort of chin length bouncy bob type thing and I always wonder if I'd look better with long hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    All the girls in my school have started getting half their heads shaved and it worries me.
    Anyone else seen this?
    Yeah.. Its horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephie.u3)
    Mind if i marry youu?? i love long hair on guys ...soo much hotter than short hair:P mmm
    Put up some pictures and we'll see what we can do. :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    really poor English, but this girl is gorgeous and she has short hair:

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/imageBa...-Sandford5.jpg
    She is also wearing a lot of make up, probably had her teeth done and surgery performed and photoshoped on top of that but if you can over come all those factors then she looks okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    Yeah, although I didn't get a great deal of attention from boys anyway :ahee: I wouldn't say it has lessened since having my hair cut short. Short hair suits me, and makes me look older (I have a very baby-ish face!) so long hair just emphasises this (my hair was originally about boob-length)
    Actually, to be honest I think I probably get more attention, just because it makes you stand out more- lots of girls go for Cheryl Cole bouncy curls or straight long hair for nights out (at least where I'm from) and having short hair does get you noticed (not in a bad way either). I have the ssame problem with looking young so maybe that's why I prefer shorter hair!

(Original post by VictoriaG)
    I don't see why short hair is immediately an elfin crop. I have a sort of chin length bouncy bob type thing and I always wonder if I'd look better with long hair.
    My friend and I were talking about this- she always thinks of short hair as chin length bobs, whereas I always assume "short hair"= elfin crop. But then she's never had her hair shorter than shoulder length, and I've never had mine longer than my collar bones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHyacinthGirl)
    Both of those statements make me happy.
    I seem to have underestimated the attraction of long hair. O.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Locke)
    http://www.greathairstyletips.com/images/long1.jpg
    :coma: I don't care what her face looks like.
    http://techdigest.tv/the-ring.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrigidSymphony)
    I seem to have underestimated the attraction of long hair. O.o
    Long hair on girls is pretty, long hair on guys I fetishise :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in seeing the general blokes reaction to this..

Because I used to have waist length hair but recently got it chopped to just below shoulder level (THAT was a bit of a heart attack seeing the hairdresser coming at me with a razor..AND the HUUUUUUGE pile of hair on the floor once he'd finished..), and thinking about it, it was only girls opinions i'd heard about it being 'too long'.

So blokes, long hair ftw?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.